Honored Contributor

Bruce Makowsky sold his $85M spec house he's had for sale in California. He only got $70M for it though. Now they're describing the "handbag king" as a "home developer". I wonder if this is his only home he's developed?

Markus Persson is the proud owner of a Beverly Hills mansion. Better yet, he paid cash for his new digs, outbidding Beyoncé and Jay Z in the process. You can take a special Minecraft tour of the home at the bottom of this page, but first, some photos of the tony new Persson pad.

According to TMZ, Markus, who is a 35-year old Swedish game programmer and creator of Minecraft recently sold his company, Mojang, to Microsoft for a whopping $2.5 billion, meaning the $70 million Markus paid for his new pad amounts to a drop in the bucket.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Initially I thought the news was somewhat amusing...

On one hand I thought...Hmmmm...so the Minecraft 'kingpin' who has billions couldn't swing another 15 million to BM for the 85 million asking price?? ...but then again, maybe the billionaire is cash poor...doubtful...who knows....certainly no dummy. Who doesn't want to save money and make a deal?

Then I went to google more about the info and BM. After reading an article from 'Variety' called "Bruce Makowsky lists another Beverly Hills Park Mansion", BM doesn't need to sell another handbag. Bruce and his wife KVZ will be sitting on their billions very soon.

Lastly, I can't relate to any of it, so it doesn't matter to me. I have never been in a home/house/mansion that I would need a GPS to get around. Even if DH and I won the lottery, we would have no desire for status to 'keep up with the rich Jones'. Some folks have such passion for that lifestyle.

Give us an ole' broken down farmhouse on 20 acres and we'll be in heaven. Everyone has their own dreams/needs/wants.

Additionally, I never even bought a BM or KVZ handbag either Smile

Honored Contributor
Actually this was probably the house that QVC built. To give the devil his due...Bruce must be a very astute businessman.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor
On 12/22/2014 Kachina624 said: Actually this was probably the house that QVC built. To give the devil his due...Bruce must be a very astute businessman.

I never understood the BM following he amassed. From the 1st time I saw him squeezing his handbags. It was almost creepy to me. I was turned off by it all and found KVZ handbags 'cheezy'. But who am I to judge, they are laughing at me all the way to the bank.

Honored Contributor

I'm sure Bruce had to put up a lot of collateral to get financing for that house, but the cash didn't exactly come out of his pocket............

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor
On 12/22/2014 Desertdi said:

I'm sure Bruce had to put up a lot of collateral to get financing for that house, but the cash didn't exactly come out of his pocket............

bruce and kathy probably made a lot of money selling their companies a number of years ago and were able to invest in profitable real estate. they sold their businesses in 2008 for 330 million dollars. after that point they remained presidents of the company. not sure if they are still in that capacity or not.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I'd guess Bruce and Kathy made more from the sale of their company than they did from individual bag sales... Either way, they clearly parlayed it all into big bucks... I didn't care for the house and personally, wouldn't have chosen it, at least not to live in... As for the purchaser, negotiating a lower selling price, well, most folks do try to do so... Probably part of the reason he's a billionaire! Gosh, can you imagine, a billionaire...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Well, good for him.

Valued Contributor

I like the candy room

Esteemed Contributor

millions and billions of dollars....boggles my mind....heck I can barely fathom hundreds...lol