Regular Contributor

Has anyone else had problems with their Bethlehem Lights battery operated wreaths? An elderly relative bought them 2 years ago -6 of them for the outside windows of his house. He used them 30 days the first year and 30 days last year. When he attempted to light them this year lights were out, scattered throughout all the wreaths or those that were on were very dim. He purchased all new quality batteries that weren't inexpensive. When he called CS he was told to contact BL. Those wreaths were advertised to last more than 1000 hours and the bulbs aren't replaceable. Anyone else.

Esteemed Contributor

I have never purchased BL because I have read too many negative comments about them. I'm sorry that your relative is having problem and I hope that he/she gets some consolation from BL.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Valued Contributor

I've had the same problem over the last two years. The problem gets worse each year. Some lights are so dim that I had to put the two small trees and the wreath on twinkle. This is the only way to achieve a decent look. I also have a swag. A small piece of the metal where the battery goes fell out. As a result, I can't even use it. It's really frustrating.

Super Contributor

Mine died this year----used it for 2 years.

Honored Contributor
I have one wreath BL lighted wreath I've used for the last eight years. Last year it was acting weird with only some bulbs lighting. I was either going to replace it or cut off the lights and use a loose strand. I gave it one last try and it worked. I fiddled with the wires that go to the battery box. Make sure the aren't caught in the wire battery box cage. This year it started up with no issues.
Respected Contributor

The lights are so dim you can't see them. I will never buy anything from Bethlehem Lights again. I love how the hosts tell you they make all of the decor for malls, cities, businesses, etc so we can trust them. I think they give us much lower quality. Then fine, I won't buy from them anymore!!!

Honored Contributor
Yes happened yesterday to mine. I had asked on another board about the dim I have changed batteries 3 times -- guess it's done used less than 2 years! Like I said on the other post we as QVC customers are certainly not high end product line like they use in large malls, etc from Bethlehem lights. Sad to hear this happened to your friend.
Regular Contributor

Sorry so many of you are having the same problem. I believe he told me he had invested nearly $150 on 6, thinking that since they were to last over 1000 hours it would last all the years he would likely wish to decorate. The sad thing is he felt he had finally found the solution to his decorating problem since he lives in a split level home and has no easy solution to running power to plug-in lights. I feel so bad for him. I hope he gets some satisfaction from BL but I'm sure if there are problems with them they've likely had many complaints. Fortunately I bring him to my house for the holidays but he was so excited to be able to light his own home. Ripping of the elderly. How admirable.

Honored Contributor

I hope your elderly relative still put them up, even if they no longer light properly. That's too much money to go to waste. It is a shame that things don't last like they once did.