Respected Contributor

What is the name of the long narrow table that goes behind a sofa if your sofa sits out in the room?

I can not think the the name that is bouncing around in my head for anything. Googling is not helping!

It is not sofa table or console.

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Re: What is the name of the long narrow table that goes behind a sofa if your sofa sits out in the room?

Library table? Parson's table?

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

Re: What is the name of the long narrow table that goes behind a sofa if your sofa sits out in the room?

On 12/15/2014 Drythe said:

Library table? Parson's table?

Good guess, but not those.

Honored Contributor

we always called it a sofa table.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

sofa nobody knows

Honored Contributor

Also called a ""console table.""

Honored Contributor

brewhaha you are a hoot!

Google 'suggests' console table.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Trusted Contributor

A sofa table or console table.

Honored Contributor

Sofa table.

Respected Contributor

I call it a sofa table, but now it is used in the foyer. Does that help?