Respected Contributor

Need a new vacuum. Do you like your Shark?

Need a vacuum for a house with ALL carpeting and LOTS of it. I also have three dogs. I went to my local Bed Bath and Beyond with my 20% off coupon thinking I would buy a Shark vacuum. They did not have much to choose from. The one I was leaning towards (Model NV502) was not in stock. Just my luck. Now I'm looking online and trying to decide. I'd really like to get one in the next few days or so. Anyway, can any of you recommend a particular Shark model?

Thank you,

pup

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Need a new vacuum. Do you like your Shark?

My 20-year old Oreck is finally on its last legs and friends I've asked who have bought vacuums in the past couple of years are mostly buying Shark. Not one has bought Dyson, and in fact a few laughed when I asked. They were laughing at the $400 price.

I liked the one QVC showed as a TSV a couple of months ago.

Respected Contributor

I have the Shark Rocket upright and the Rotator Pro. Love them both, but use the Rocket more because it's so easy to use.
Respected Contributor

Hi ~ I have the Shark Professional Rotator. I've had it for 3 years. I got it at the Q, and it same with "all" the attachments. My home is all wood, with the exception of the basement carpet. It does work well on the carpet.

You say you have dogs. The rotating attachment for upholstery works wonders to get dog and cat hairs off the furniture. Also works great for the car.

I love how the base detaches from the rest of the vacuum so you can carry it up the stairs to vacuum. Mine also has a separate base with rollers when I don't want to use the rotating vac, and want to use the wands for the wood floors.

Our cleaning issues are different carpet/wood, but if mine broke today, I would be out to purchase another one ASAP. HTH.

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Esteemed Contributor

I have the Shark Navigator Liftaway and I love it

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Super Contributor

I have replaced my $59.00 Shark with a new one, it was on sale at BBB and I had a coupon. The old cheapie is going out to the garage to clean out there and the cars. My daughter replaced her fancy dancy heavy Eureka Boss with a &129 Shark. Buy it, your like it.

Trusted Contributor

On 12/15/2014 betteb said:

I have the Shark Navigator Liftaway and I love it

I have this same one and it works great. The only thing I do not like about it is that it is very top heavy and tips over a lot.

I think they improved this with the newer Rotator version.

It really does s*^k up a lot of dirt that you did cannot see. I got mine from Kohl's with a 30% off coupon.

I would really like the under the bed attachment and bends in half.

Esteemed Contributor

I have the the rotator lift away. It's a great vacuum but now it won't go over our new carpet. I don't understand how this is so popular when it won't go over our carpet. It isn't even a thick carpet.
Valued Contributor

I have an older version of the purple Shark Navigator that I bought from WalMart about 3 years ago. I have 2 dogs & 1 cat with all different kinds of fur (thin/wiry, thick/curly) and do weekly heavy vacuuming on wood and carpets (think of the fur on the floor as tumbleweeds LOL), and the Shark is wonderful! Still going strong. I do have to empty the bin once during vacuuming because of how much fur is shed (especially now with winter), but other than that it is the best vacuum I've used. I agree with an above poster, the pet tool it comes with is FANTASTIC (I even dropped mine and broke it, but put it back together and still works just fine). Highly recommended.

Honored Contributor

I have two Sharks and would never buy any other brand. I gave away my two Dysons. Love the Sharks so much more.