Super Contributor
I broke down and bought my first set of Malden Mills sheets. I washed them a few times as directed (no heat) but am finding they are shedding a lot. I have the white ones and a navy blanket and every time I make the bed, I need to lint roll the blanket. I love the sheets, though at times find them a touch too warm (and no personal summers here), but am getting frustrated by the shedding. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Respected Contributor

I own MM sheets and just love them.

Mine will shred slightly the first 2 or 3 washings, but after that next to nothing. I only wash one king sheet and one pillowcase together and dry.

Then wash the king flat sheet/pillowcase together. I have a large capacity washing machine too.

Valued Contributor

Mine did that, too, but like Sunshine Kate said they stopped after a few washings. I was concerned at first and talked with customer service about it. They said that should not be happening and that I could send them back. I decided just to keep them and after additional washings it stopped happening.Smile

Esteemed Contributor

I have had little to no shedding with mine (I have bought three sets in the last few months). I wonder if it could have anything to do with pH or water hardness or water treatment processes, if that happens in a given area (as opposed to well water), or if a system has a softener on it.

That said, I have never slept better than with these sheets. My picky husband loves them, too.

Cogito ergo sum
Super Contributor
Thanks all. I'll try to wash them a few more times and see how it goes. I don't really want to return as I do like them and I know I'll appreciate them even more so if we end up getting a polar vortex this year. Thank you for the responses.
Trusted Contributor

I have two sets. I bought the Christmas/Winter set with the red poinsettias, and have gotten absolutely no lint from them.

They were so plush and I loved them so much that I ordered a second set...ivory set with embroidery on two pillowcases. They aren't as plush as the Christmas set, and the lint that they give off is horrible. I wake up in the morning and there is even fuzz on my carpeting. And, god forbid I should make the bed while wearing a dark pair of slacks!

They've been washed three times and I "think" they have gotten a little better with this last washing. If they are still giving off lint after the next wash, I'm sending them back.

You would think that "Polar Fleece" should all be the same quality, if it's the same brand. But, it's not. The Christmas sheets are definitely nicer.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Esteemed Contributor
Love them, no shedding, but second set, not as thick as first. Still love them and sleep well.
Respected Contributor

I have a couple sets of MM sheets (and a couple more from J.C. Penney)--I LOVE them all.

Thickness doesn't matter. I marvel at how soft they are.

Frequent Contributor
I've been using Malden Mill sheets for years - the Christmas set is definitely softer. I got the blue with snowmen. Adorable ??