Honored Contributor

Now that Lisa is gone, I sincerely hope that QVC will

continue with the high end Christmas decor shows that she was hosting.

We of course always have Valerie, but much of the sophistication in Valerie's line is gone. There seems to be more and more whimsical, and modern (so many spheres!) offerings, and not as many high end things each year from her. Not that it is a bad thing, just different from what I'm usually looking for.

The style and type of things Lisa's shows were offering seemed to be extremely popular, and they've really started something good, that in my opinion, needs to be taken beyond holiday and winter decor to all seasons.

My questions are, do you agree that Q need to keep up these kinds of offerings and shows?

And, who would be the host to step in and present these shows?

I think Valerie should do it. I think they should make/bring a special line of product and call it something different than what Valerie already does (Heartfelt Home). I still want her to do what she already does, just branch out and do this separate and sophisticated line as well. I really can't choose a host that would replace Lisa as presenter, as none have the reputation of being as high end or as posh as she was.

Poor Valerie, I'm trying to work her to death!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Now that Lisa is gone, I sincerely hope that QVC will

Valerie is a very effective presenter........but I wonder if she'd have any interest in hosting QVC presentations for products other than her own. Frankly, most of her line (while appealing) is not at all remarkable. It's all mass produced and imported, and you can find the same kinds of things for better prices at many home decor, big box, and import stores. There are many complaints here about inconsistencies and problems with quality. Valerie just makes it all seem very special with her great staging and presentation skills. She makes garden variety imports seem "high end", if that's what you're looking for, and if QVC could get her to do it for them.

Of course, come to think about it, making garden variety, imported stuff seem remarkable, desirable, and worth our money is exactly how successful TV shopping hosts earn their livings, isn't it?

{#emotions_dlg.blink}

Trusted Contributor

Just my opinion and I've never purchased one thing from Lisa's Christmas Shows, but I think much of the success with these items was the passion Lisa had for them. She used them in her own home and apparently loved to decorate for Christmas ~ and did a beautiful job, I might add. The tours of her home while in full decoration really spurred people to "give it a go" in their own home. I think if there's someone who can really take ownership of the pieces and become as passionate about decorating then QVC should pursue trying to find the perfect presenter. After all it's a business and if someone can sell the pieces as Lisa did - why wouldn't they continue?! Time will tell.........
Honored Contributor

On 12/13/2014 GoodStuff said:

Valerie is a very effective presenter........but I wonder if she'd have any interest in hosting QVC presentations for products other than her own. Frankly, most of her line (while appealing) is not at all remarkable. It's all mass produced and imported, and you can find the same kinds of things for better prices at many home decor, big box, and import stores. There are many complaints here about inconsistencies and problems with quality. Valerie just makes it all seem very special with her great staging and presentation skills. She makes garden variety imports seem "high end", if that's what you're looking for, and if QVC could get her to do it for them.

Of course, come to think about it, making garden variety, imported stuff seem remarkable, desirable, and worth our money is exactly how successful TV shopping hosts earn their livings, isn't it?

{#emotions_dlg.blink}

You are so right. It is really all about the presentation. So many inexpensive things are available today, but have a higher end 'look' when arranged and presented the right way.

The Lisa Robertson offerings weren't really any better quality than much of Valerie's things, they just had a more elegant/high end look. And I guess that is what I'm asking for. Good quality, yes, who doesn't want that, but I'm hoping the style of decor presented with Lisa will continue.

Honored Contributor

I don't know if I could say that Lisa's items were high end. They were high-priced. You could find a lot of that out in retail, IMO.

I wish they would bring in more sophisticated décor throughout the year. The onslaught of spheres and light up thingys do not interest me.

Super Contributor

I certainly would like to see more high end and sophisticated items presented in home décor, as well as clothing lines. Having said that, there were some things presented last night that were $3,000.00! Most people who shop QVC cannot afford those kinds of price tags-if that were the case, they would not need easy pay. I think there can be higher end with out breaking the bank?

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't see any high end items, until maybe what I saw on the last show. I only saw the robe & ring that were high priced. Most of the stuff Lisa had was what QVC wanted her to sell, not her choice anyway. I've seen the globes & stuff out in the stores much cheaper. Costco has some beautiful decorations much cheaper.

Frequent Contributor

I totally agree. I don't decorate in the style Lisa does but I have added a couple of her items, such as the clip on birds and a glittered garland, to my traditional theme.

I have bought a few of Valerie's items in the past but lately have not seen anything that appeals to me. I am not a fan of morphing lights and there seems to be a lot of that.

I am hoping Valerie brings more traditional, sophisticated decor next year. I like watching her shows to get decorating ideas, but I can go to local stores and get items that fit my taste better.

I really didn't watch Lisa's shows except for the Christmas decorating ones, even though I didn't buy much, so I will miss those.

Honored Contributor

Hope I can clarify my use of 'high end'. I think Q could use some truly high end offerings now and then, but what I really guess I was meaning was the 'look' of high end or more sophisticated home decor than the Q's usual holiday fare of angels with glitter in their belly or big light up ornaments with Santa and snowmen heads on top.

I'm not insulting those other things, just saying that a lot of what Q offers is of that genre, and there was a lot of buzz about the more sophisticated look of the LR shows. I think they are popular, and while I agree that similar style things are available out in the marketplace (Hobby Lobby had tons of stuff this year like that), if Q is going to offer home decor, I'd like to see that style continued and expanded to other seasons as well.

Edited to add, I was only referring to decor shows, as I haven't watched Lisa in other shows, as I don't buy those things here and really couldn't comment intelligently on the offerings there.

Honored Contributor

Let me just add that the shipping costs are outrageous. That stops me 9 times out of 10 from buying something I like.

Valerie had a beautiful lighted Christmas cloche. I think it was $59. I found a similar one at Kohl's (it didn't light up though) on sale and I used a coupon for $20. That's a big difference. It gives me the same look.