Regular Contributor

Anyone with the Lit Spun Trees by VPH?

I bought a couple of set of these trees last year and returned them because of a terrible battery life. Valerie stated on Facebook that the trees battery packs had been reworked this year so I ordered them again, but find that the battery life is STILL lacking.

Anyone else have these? If so, what are you thought as far as the battery life?

I'm on the fence about returning them after the holidays...

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone with the Lit Spun Trees by VPH?

Sorry, but what is the item number?

Honored Contributor

Hi, if you're referring to item# H203873, no the battery life is not good, but I won't use them for the holidays and send them back. If I'm going to send them back I'll do it before Christmas but that's just me. I like the return in January for gifts that we don't know their condition until they're opened and then I usually open and check them out before giving as gifts. These trees are pretty even when not lit although we do pay for lit ones. I bought last year but returned them as none of them would light. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Honored Contributor

I bought them for the first time this year. When they came, I put batteries in and let them go on the timer function for a few days to be sure they worked and cycled. Then, Thanksgiving weekend I decorated and put them up.So it has only been a couple of weeks and so far everything seems so be working as it should. I did think that they were getting a little dim lately, but I guess I'll have to pay closer attention tonight when they kick on.

I would have no trouble returning them by Jan. 31st if you use them this season and run through more than one set of batteries. In my opinion, if you decorate with a lit item on Thanksgiving weekend and it is dead before New Years, that isn't really good battery life, when used on the timer function.

If candle impressions can get such long battery life, so can these other manufacturers, and they really need to focus on making that happen.

Honored Contributor

Did you mean the lit spun spheres? I couldn't imagine what lit spun trees were.

Honored Contributor

On 12/12/2014 ValuSkr said:

Did you mean the lit spun spheres? I couldn't imagine what lit spun trees were.

There were, very briefly, some trees that matched these spheres. If you watch the video for the spheres, the trees are shown. They are rather modern looking in a way (which is so not me usually), very substantial in size, and I ordered two sets but only one ever arrived (boo hoo for me). I think perhaps they had them last year as well. I would think they should try to bring in more of those next year, as they went rather quickly, and never did restock this season.

Esteemed Contributor

I ordered them again hoping the battery life was worked out as valerie said, but as I had expected , it wasn't and sent them back ! I truly believed that these would lite longer then a week -and it makes me mad that they didn't, don't want to change batteries every week .
Honored Contributor

H203957 is the item # for the spun trees

Honored Contributor

On 12/21/2014 Susan Louise said:

H203957 is the item # for the spun trees Smile

Hi SL, when I ordered the spun trees in Oct, 2014 the item # was H203873. I think either # will bring them up but they sold out almost immediately. I really like mine except the battery life isn't real good. I don't run them on timer everyday since I have them in an area that we don't see them that much unless we have company. I hope I don't buy as much Christmas décor next year as I did this year or I may be living under a tree and all by myself. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} Merry Christmas to you and your Hubby.

Trusted Contributor

On 12/22/2014 lucymo said:
On 12/21/2014 Susan Louise said:

H203957 is the item # for the spun trees Smile

Hi SL, when I ordered the spun trees in Oct, 2014 the item # was H203873. I think either # will bring them up but they sold out almost immediately. I really like mine except the battery life isn't real good. I don't run them on timer everyday since I have them in an area that we don't see them that much unless we have company. I hope I don't buy as much Christmas décor next year as I did this year or I may be living under a tree and all by myself. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} Merry Christmas to you and your Hubby.

I think you will have lots of company under your tree lucy{#emotions_dlg.laugh}