Honored Contributor

HOW DO YOU PACKAGE YOUR CHRISTMAS GIFTS? BAGS OR BOXES WITH RIBBON BOWS?

I love to wrap the gifts with nice paper and ribbon bows. They then become part of my holiday décor. Some odd shaped or just a lot of loose goodies I'll put in a Christmas bag but love to wrap and make bows for them.

Valued Contributor

Re: HOW DO YOU PACKAGE YOUR CHRISTMAS GIFTS? BAGS OR BOXES WITH RIBBON BOWS?

I mostly wrap gifts in boxes mostly because of my small grandchildren.

Beckyblu

Honored Contributor

I also love to wrap presents in boxes with big bows. I spend a lot of time picking out wrapping paper and ribbon. Right now I am making big white bows with wired ribbon for the plates of cookies for the neighbors.

Valued Contributor

I still like to wrap because of my grandchildren as well. I do use bags for adult gifts and at times, with the kids if it's an odd shaped item like Beckyblu has stated.

Honored Contributor

Just a bow.

Valued Contributor

DiAnne when you are finished with your bows would you please come to my house and make bows for my presents and cookie trays!!!!!! PLEEEEEEEEEEZE!

I wrap and use gift bags---depending on shape and size.

KK

Honored Contributor

On 12/11/2014 DiAnne said:

I also love to wrap presents in boxes with big bows. I spend a lot of time picking out wrapping paper and ribbon. Right now I am making big white bows with wired ribbon for the plates of cookies for the neighbors.

DiAnne, that sounds beautiful. I like to scatter a few small gifts around the house and they look so pretty with nice paper and ribbon bows and they are great décor.

Respected Contributor

I mostly use boxes wrapped with paper and tied up with ribbon and a bow. The occasional gift bag sneaks in for hard-to-wrap items.

Honored Contributor

It depends on the gift. Some go in bags because of the shape. But I like wrapping packages with special paper, ribbons, etc.

Honored Contributor

I never use bags. I am a picky wrapper and insist on using nice coordinating paper and I tie nice wire-edged ribbon around the box and attach a big homemade bow. Admittedly, it got to be a little overwhelming when wrapping gifts for our kids. As they've gotten older I keep saying I'm going to cut back on gifts and spending, and only give them one thing for X dollars, but then I get carried away again and buy a few things for each of them. To solve the wrapping demands, last year I found big boxes and put everything for each person in their own big box so I'd only have one to wrap per person. I'll probably do that again this year since I haven't started wrapping anything yet.