Honored Contributor

This ought to get some screaming, but I'm sick of the gift shows already. Way too much beauty/fashion stuff for me.

I surely don't need another Christmas decoration either, but I'm already looking forward to July and what might be coming. This past year's selection and introduction of new stuff was better than it has been in many years. Hope they continue in that direction for this coming July! If nothing else, I love to watch for ideas.

For now, I'm enjoying my decor and the season! Anybody else excited to see what July will bring?

Trusted Contributor

Yes, I am ready. My garland that I had on the mantel stopped working. Half of the lights went out. We tried the light pro with no luck. Had Mr. Crazy try this time since I had tried it on a tree a couple years ago and couldn't find the problem either. They make it look so easy on their video but he finally gave up. Was a BL plug in garland and we had it several years but now my mantel looks so bare.

So I am ready for a new garland for my mantel but want the plug in type. I have it on all day and evening when I am home and just don't want the hassle of changing batteries not to mention that I would go broke buying batteries for it.

Had quilt club pot luck for Xmas at my place today and was really disappointed when I had to redo my mantle. It looks so bare now but not even going to try to find one this year. With quilt club over and hopefully everything else, I can now relax and enjoy all the pretty lights.

JPC

Respected Contributor

What? All I'm looking forward to in July 2015 are - a) being retired & b) warmer weather with longer daylight hours

Honored Contributor

Surely you jest.

Esteemed Contributor

I turned on QVC once in the last few days and guess what was being presented?

The Flash Pad. {#emotions_dlg.blink}

So, from a programming standpoint, yes, I am ready for CIJ 2015.

I'm not yet ready to add to my decorations, though. I'm still debating over what to use and not use this year...I've run out of energy and desire to do all that much.

Honored Contributor

I don't watch q shows from now til February...like you, need to bypass gift shows now...and all those clearance, lose weight and cleaning shows in January {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Esteemed Contributor

Hi JPC, Sorry about your lighted garland. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

Honored Contributor
On 12/8/2014 VCamp2748 said:

What? All I'm looking forward to in July 2015 are - a) being retired & b) warmer weather with longer daylight hours

Congrats on the upcoming retirement! And give me those long days and warmer weather. If it has to come with CIJ, it's worth it, isn't it!!!?? lol

Honored Contributor
On 12/8/2014 Susan Louise said:

I don't watch q shows from now til February...like you, need to bypass gift shows now...and all those clearance, lose weight and cleaning shows in January {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Susan Louise, you get it! It seems to me that starting with CIJ, we get more home and kitchen based programming. And that is my favorite! The garden type shows, and when the outside spring stuff starts in Feb is kind of nice too.

Respected Contributor
On 12/8/2014 mominohio said:
On 12/8/2014 VCamp2748 said:

Congrats on the upcoming retirement! And give me those long days and warmer weather. If it has to come with CIJ, it's worth it, isn't it!!!?? lol

HA! It's all I can do just to get through Christmas in December.