Honored Contributor

Better Homes & Gardens holiday Christmas heritage mistletoe dinnerware

I can't be more pleased with the all the pieces I have of this set and even DH likes the set a lot. It has been so enjoyable to use the variety of different salad plates from this set for lunches/snacks/desserts. Smile

Thankfully, a couple of weeks ago I caved and ordered 2 of the 8-pc sets (4 dinner plates & 4 salad plates) through Walmart dot com for $23.84 a set before they sold out. Since I ordered one other item in the grocery dept, it brought my total to over $50 for FREE S&H...can't beat that!

Even though it's only DH and I, and we rarely have company for dinner, I couldn't go wrong with the bargain price for each set.

Other pieces I previously bought on EBay were a set of 'Joy' salad plates from 2011, a set of just the deer salad plates, and mistletoe salad plates from 2011. I got lucky, considering what the going rate for them are now...most sets of 4 salad plates were about $25 and one set was less than $10! I also got a couple of serving bowls (one with pine cones and another with a cardinal & chickadee) and a set of 'tree' salt & pepper shakers.

Tonight I happened to be 'browsing' EBay to see what the pieces are selling for now and it's amazing! I saw a set of just 4 of the dinner plates with a current bid of $52 and another set selling for $54.99.

But that was nothing next to what Replacements is selling the mistletoe individual pieces for on their site. I understand supply and demand...but OMG! {#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

With that said, I'm relieved I got ours when I did and thankful for the threads that were started about this GREAT dinnerware set, otherwise I would not have even known about it!!! So, TY folks!!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

/></p>

Honored Contributor

Re: Better Homes & Gardens holiday Christmas heritage mistletoe dinnerware

I, too, am constantly amazed at the prices that these pieces bring on ebay, especially starting at about Halloween time.

They are hard to get your hands on around here, as very few pieces are shipped to each store, and people go in and buy them out, just to put them online for sale. It amazes me that a less than $3 plate can go for $10 or $12 on ebay, but it often does.

I have spent the last two years building a small set of these dishes (like I needed another set of holiday dishes!!!) and I'm glad I have gotten them at the lower prices at Walmart. I have had to be diligent to get there the day they are stocked, as they aren't there for long.

I also love how they add to the set every year, and while everything coordinates, there is always new, even in the completer pieces. I hope that Walmart and BHG keeps adding to these each year.

Esteemed Contributor

I also bought 2 complete sets (could not beat the price) at Walmart.com. They arrived perfectly packed and not a piece broken or chipped. They are lovely dishes for the holiday and all winter.

The WM in my area had stacks and stacks of the smaller dishes, but none of the dinner plates. They even had one of the cookie jars, a divided condiment dish, a set of three small, graduated bowls, and that huge platter (I also bought a platter on line and it is gigantic for $12!).

I think if you can find them in the store, it is great, but if your WM is anything like the ones in my area, there is little consistency in finding seasonal things. Sometimes they have it all, and sometimes nothing.

There were several threads talking about these dishes and I'm also grateful for the person that brought it up and suggested shopping on line.

If I hadn't gotten them in the store, I'd never have paid eBay prices.

Valued Contributor

I have been buying the salad plates since they came out. I broke down either last year or the year before and bought some of the dinner plates. The dinner plates are slightly different this year and imo prettier!

I'm happy with my dishes and glad you ladies like yours too! I sure hope they continue the dishes next year and it will be fun to see what pretty salad plates they add to the group!!

Esteemed Contributor

Enjoy your dishes, ladies. The tree & bunny plate is still my favorite I think.

I FINALLY got to see the platter and divided dish at WM today. I passed, but they sure were cute. There were NONE of the plates of any size or style, only bowls and maybe some tree-type S&P shakers. That's it.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for posting ladies! Smile

It's amazing how many different pieces there are in the collection over the past few years!!! I keep seeing new ones I have never seen before on EBay...like a spoon rest, a 3 - section bowl (under the heading "Better Homes and Garden Heritage Collection Mistletoe - Relish Dish, candy bowl")...

I also saw a lovely set (mistletoe mugs and amaryllis salad plates) under the heading "Better Homes & Gardens Heritage Collection Ironstone Christmas Holiday Plate Mug"...

Oh how I wish our WM had pieces like those salad plates with the lovely Amaryllis!!! {#emotions_dlg.tt1}

Super Contributor

On 12/8/2014 Susan Louise said:

Thanks for posting ladies! Smile

It's amazing how many different pieces there are in the collection over the past few years!!! I keep seeing new ones I have never seen before on EBay...like a spoon rest, a 3 - section bowl (under the heading "Better Homes and Garden Heritage Collection Mistletoe - Relish Dish, candy bowl")...

I also saw a lovely set (mistletoe mugs and amaryllis salad plates) under the heading "Better Homes & Gardens Heritage Collection Ironstone Christmas Holiday Plate Mug"...

Oh how I wish our WM had pieces like those salad plates with the lovely Amaryllis!!! {#emotions_dlg.tt1}

so do i!!!!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} i guess it is too much to hope they will bring it back again one year!

Honored Contributor

On 12/7/2014 mominohio said:

I, too, am constantly amazed at the prices that these pieces bring on ebay, especially starting at about Halloween time.

They are hard to get your hands on around here, as very few pieces are shipped to each store, and people go in and buy them out, just to put them online for sale. It amazes me that a less than $3 plate can go for $10 or $12 on ebay, but it often does.

I have spent the last two years building a small set of these dishes (like I needed another set of holiday dishes!!!) and I'm glad I have gotten them at the lower prices at Walmart. I have had to be diligent to get there the day they are stocked, as they aren't there for long.

I also love how they add to the set every year, and while everything coordinates, there is always new, even in the completer pieces. I hope that Walmart and BHG keeps adding to these each year.

I just don't understand why there is no consistency from store to store on being able to get complete sets of the dinnerware. It shouldn't be a such a hassle to complete one's set. I still find it odd that WM online only had the 8 pc dinner plate/salad plate set, a couple of canisters and the platter online and nothing else from the set...like the serving bowls, mugs, S&P shakers, etc...

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I got the pieces I did, but it was crazy getting them in a 'piece meal' fashion.

SMH {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Valued Contributor

I was just at our closest WalMart and there are maybe 5 salad plates left. I bought the last Owl plate.

There are several of the divided condiment trays/servers, I think a couple of larger serving dishes, salt and pepper shakers, several sets of small bowls and 6 of the new dinner plates. I don't recall seeing the platters.

They really are popular and I don't know why some stores seem to get a nice assortment of them while other stores get just a few? The store that I go to most often isn't even a Super Walmart, but they had a little of most everything...but dwindling fast...

What cute dishes for the price!!!

Honored Contributor

On 12/8/2014 Luv_My_Beagle said:

I was just at our closest WalMart and there are maybe 5 salad plates left. I bought the last Owl plate.

There are several of the divided condiment trays/servers, I think a couple of larger serving dishes, salt and pepper shakers, several sets of small bowls and 6 of the new dinner plates. I don't recall seeing the platters.

They really are popular and I don't know why some stores seem to get a nice assortment of them while other stores get just a few? The store that I go to most often isn't even a Super Walmart, but they had a little of most everything...but dwindling fast...

What cute dishes for the price!!!

It's almost as if some of the pieces are only sold regionally too...like maybe only WM's in a few states actually got the amaryllis, cardinal/chickadee salad plates. Too bad we can't at least find out why...lol