Valued Contributor

Question for those that have the Birch Luminara candles

Sold at PBarn. Does the light show through the body of the candle like it does in their ivory color candle? TIA!

Respected Contributor

Re: Question for those that have the Birch Luminara candles

No. The birch is a wrap of actual birch bark, not a pattern in the candle wax.

Valued Contributor

On 12/1/2014 Marsha2003 said:

No. The birch is a wrap of actual birch bark, not a pattern in the candle wax.

Thanks Marsha2003! I thought I remembered you having these. That's too bad as I think that the light showing through adds a little something extra, especially inside of a lantern. You like them though right?

Respected Contributor

I do like them. I sort of wish the flame were a bit recessed into the candle as I think that looks better, but I can live with them as they are. In general, I think if you want the glow throughout the candle, CI is a better choice. If you want the flickering flame, then the Luminara work better. Too bad we can't have both effects, but I suspect the Luminara mechanics don't leave much room for an LED deeper inside the body of the candle.

Respected Contributor

I forgot to say that I saw a few of the birch ones at my local Pottery Barn. You could take a look at them in person to see if you like them. I think today is FREESHIP day if you want to order.

Honored Contributor

I ordered one in each size of the PB Luminara birch candles last week with FREE S&H. I was also able to use 2 - $10/50 coupon codes by splitting my orders up.

If you or anyone else ordered from PB recently, there is a pamphlet with each order and each one contains 2 - $10/50 cards w/codes and 1 - $10/$50 PB for Kids card w/code.

Too bad all of them are on backorder...will use them this Spring and all year round...

HTH Smile

Respected Contributor

I'm still working on how I will use the birch candles, but here is a picture of them on pedestals and a close-up. The bark wraps the candle, then another layer of wax is added on top of the bark. These are the smallest 3" x 3" size.

birch

Valued Contributor

I do like them. I sort of wish the flame were a bit recessed into the candle as I think that looks better, but I can live with them as they are. In general, I think if you want the glow throughout the candle, CI is a better choice. If you want the flickering flame, then the Luminara work better. Too bad we can't have both effects, but I suspect the Luminara mechanics don't leave much room for an LED deeper inside the body of the candle.

Thanks for the info. Marsha2003! I do have a few of the ivory Luminara and they do have a nice glow. I also have a Luminara that is resin/indoor/outdoor and it has no glow at all. I have two darker colored Luminara candles in red and teal and they don't have any glow in the candle body either.

Valued Contributor

I forgot to say that I saw a few of the birch ones at my local Pottery Barn. You could take a look at them in person to see if you like them. I think today is FREESHIP day if you want to order.

Yes, I did get that coupon code and then saw that they are on backorder until 2015!

Valued Contributor

On 12/1/2014 Susan Louise said:

I ordered one in each size of the PB Luminara birch candles last week with FREE S&H. I was also able to use 2 - $10/50 coupon codes by splitting my orders up.

If you or anyone else ordered from PB recently, there is a pamphlet with each order and each one contains 2 - $10/50 cards w/codes and 1 - $10/$50 PB for Kids card w/code.

Too bad all of them are on backorder...will use them this Spring and all year round...

HTH Smile

That is a great deal that you were able to use those coupon codes. We don't have a Pottery Barn close so I would have to order online. I only have the Free Ship code for today but I'm sure some other offers will pop up before long.