Trusted Contributor
I just received my luminara candle set, but only one is dancing. Both are lighting, and they did work 2 hr's before when I received them, any suggestions as to why? Thanks
Trusted Contributor

Re: help with luminara candles

Is the candle on an even, level surface? If the candle is tilted, the flame won't dance. Try picking it up and tilting it around to see if that works.
Frequent Contributor

The same thing happened to me, no matter what I tried only one would dance and the other is a steady flame, so frustrating.........

Trusted Contributor

blockquote>
Trusted Contributor

Sorry, just wanted to say, thanks peterdm, seemed to work, hopefully will stay that way!
Trusted Contributor

Yay! Glad it worked out.
Frequent Contributor

I ordered 2 sets (of 2 each) of the red tall with glitter wrap-around design - and one of them would NOT flicker. Because these were ALL Christmas gifts - I needed 4 that worked. I played with the non flicker one and noticed the flame moves back and forth on a thin wire. I tried positioning the flame at all points along the wire. It would flicker for maybe 15 seconds - then stop and remain fixed and not moving.

I returned the bad set with a note marking the bad candle - and ordered another red set. Those arrived and both work fine. If the flame doesn't move - it doesn't appear real.

Frequent Contributor

I had an issue once with a ""clicking"" sound - has anyone had that happen to them?

Trusted Contributor

All of mine make a slight clicking sound and I own 8. I think it's normal.

I had trouble one time with the flame not flickering and just gently wiggled it to ""free"" it. I think it was stuck in some way. Best way is to use a small item such as a spoon or something so you don't apply too much pressure. Just a light touch was needed. That was over a year ago and it hasn't happened again although these are on timers and run every evening 365 days a year. Love them!

KJPA
Honored Contributor

I had the same thing happen. I changed batteries and fiddled with the wick until it started going. It worked that day, then the next day it wouldn't. This went on for days, then I sent it back. This happened right as they were being pulled from inventory in early Sept. I got the replacement a couple weeks ago and the wick was bent under the packaging. It didn't straighten out when I took the plastic off, so it went back. Expecting that replacement this week. I'd keep any eye on it to make sure all is okay.