Occasional Contributor

Q pillowcase price vs the OTHER channel

I was poking around on the southern channel and found a set of 4 king sized pillowcases reduced to $6, with hundreds of 4/5 star reviews. Shipping and handling is listed as $1.99. The Q has a set of 4 king pillow cases for $19, PLUS $6.22 to ship!! You can guess who got my $$ today!!! AND the southern channel reduced my shipping to 99cents for the cases, because I had purchased something else too. Not sure why the Q costs so darn much to ship!!

While I'm at it, the other item I purchased was a three pack of fuzzy socks for $12.95 with shipping of $2.95. Total purchase today was right around $22! I'm quite pleased!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Q pillowcase price vs the OTHER channel

I can't imagine a $1.50 pillowcase.

I purchased one set of 2 King cases once from the other channel. I think they were $8 on clearance. Advertised as 400tc, made in India. When I got them I held them up to the light and could see right through them. I donated them to goodwill instead of returning them.

That experience taught me to save my pennies and buy quality bed linens.

Honored Contributor

The shopping channels sell some linens of horrible quality. I've gotten them too small for my bed and too large (won't stay on). I've gotten fleece I could see through to watch TV. I've gotten high thread-count sheets that wrinkled so badly, ironing wouldn't get the wrinkles out. These are usually the type where they weave doubled threads and are truly not of a high thread-count. They use every trick in the book because they know you can see or feel them, and rather than spend the $$$ to return them, most people donate them.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

I have to say I have picked up quite a few things from the southern channel over the last few months. I really like Perlier and have completely quit with Philosophy. Perlier is much more hydrating for me. I like some Joy Mangano stuff. Her hangers are really great and yes I bought her pillows lol. I like Diane Gilman jeans and Andrew Lessman's vitamins are the best, Their shipping is consistently cheaper and they offer more spontaneous discounts so it pays to watch the shows if there is a brand you like on. They really seem to try to keep their shopper's happy.

Listening QVC?

Respected Contributor

OP--Bless you. I just got 2 packs of standard for $5 each. Pink!!! They will be great for extras I travel with.

Respected Contributor

Do you think the pillow cases are the same quality as QVC's? Or close enough?

Honored Contributor

FWIW: It's OK to say HSN.

Honored Contributor

I've had cheap linens and I've had the others. In fact, there are examples of both in my linen closet right now. Guess which ones I reach for over and over.

I know this kind of thing rarely happens, but what I'd love to see is a review of those $1.50 pillowcases after they've been washed and used 25 times. I live with very little storage space and I use my bed linens over and over and over. Maybe boring, but in the long run, very inexpensive even if the initial price feels high because I use my bed linens for years.

Respected Contributor

I've given up buying linens QVC, HSN or ShopHQ. The last set of sheets I bought was from ShopHQ. Supposed to be Damask. Washed them before using, they came out wrinkled and about four inches shorter. I couldn't return them fast enough.

Regular Contributor

Those pillowcases didn't start as $1.50 pillowcases...HSN just has really great markdowns. I have bought sheets and pillowcases from both HSN and QVC and have found them both to be of good quality. The biggest difference is HSN has better prices on the items (especially in clearance) and on the shipping.