Valued Contributor

I purchased new towels for guest bath recently for my Thanksgiving guests. They are Wamsutta brand from Bed, Bath & Beyond. I washed and dried them two times and my dryer filter was filled to brimming with lint or whatever the substance is that comes off them.

Does anybody have a recommendation for a brand of towel that you like? I would like to find some without so much lint.

Respected Contributor

Re: Bath towel recommendations

I like Kohls brand name towels. Inexpensive and even better with the 30 percent coupon. I think the name is Sonoma.
Honored Contributor

I love the towels from Pottery Barn.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Valued Contributor

Thank you Reever and NickNack. I will check out your suggestions.

Trusted Contributor

Hotel brand from Macy's. They are luxuriously thick, wash well, and feel so soft.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Super Contributor

I agree about the ones from Macy's. Also, I got some Isaac Mizrahi towels from the Q a couple of years ago that are very thick and fluffy. They lost some lint the first wash or two but have stayed lovely through many washings since then and are still like new.

Esteemed Contributor

Martex is usually reliable. I also like the towels from a catalog called The Company Store.

Honored Contributor

L.L. Bean, although I believe some posters recommend the Costco towels.

Honored Contributor

I bought some really nice towels from Costco and ended up replacing all our bath linens with Costco towels. In addition to the typical bath and hand towel sizes, they also have matching bath sheets. They're very reasonably priced yet feel substantial.
Contributor

My favorite towels are Fieldcrest. Target has them and regularly puts them on sale. No shedding, they stay soft and fluffy, never scratchy. Last set I bought was about 5 years ago and they are still going strong.