Contributor

Bethlehem Lights Window Candles

Has anyone else noticed that these candles are not being pushed on us this holiday season as they have been in the past?

Honored Contributor

Re: Bethlehem Lights Window Candles

Yes indeed I have noticed. I purchased 6 sets of these lights about 5 years ago, and love them. I use two sets year round, and gave 3 sets as gifts. I have never had a problem with the candles themselves--just with my husband who is always knocking them off the window sill. The candles were rated higher then, than they are now, and used to sell out quickly. I don't think this item has sold out for quite some time.
Trusted Contributor

I hadn't noticed this, but you're absolutely right ~ I wonder why they are not showing them as so many, myself included, put single candles in every window right after Thanksgiving.
Respected Contributor

A quick scan of QVC.com could not locate any Bethlehem Lights window candles. I saw some by Valerie par Hill but not Bethlehem. Maybe the company had production problems this year or they didn't sell well enough to be brought in for this season.
Honored Contributor

First year I ordered these and not one problem. The second year I ordered a different style -- problems!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

As I recall, the BL candles had great big bases so you needed a deep window sill and, from the inside, they didn't look much like real candlesticks.

Valued Contributor

I think they had them on during CIJ but I don't recall seeing them much after that.

I bought VPH's window candles. They're beautiful but they are a bear to work with. I'd had the Luminara window candles for a few years. They were still working great but I wasn't crazy about the yellowish light they put out.

Respected Contributor

Last year I bought 16 of them for the windows in my home. No problems last year, and no problems this year. They've been in the windows since the beginning of November. It may be that they push different things each year.
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Trusted Contributor

I have had plug-in candles from years ago and have used extension cords and timers with them. Got tired of all the work, so bought the battery ones. Will never do it again. They are not as bright as the electrical ones and costly. Each one takes 3 "C" batteries and we put candles in 12 windows. I spent $44 for 40 "C" batteries just the other day. Never will spend that again. Next year it's back to the electrical powered ones.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Honored Contributor

On 11/28/2014 wismiss said:

I have had plug-in candles from years ago and have used extension cords and timers with them. Got tired of all the work, so bought the battery ones. Will never do it again. They are not as bright as the electrical ones and costly. Each one takes 3 "C" batteries and we put candles in 12 windows. I spent $44 for 40 "C" batteries just the other day. Never will spend that again. Next year it's back to the electrical powered ones.

I agree with you! Nothing yet beats the old electric candles.