Not applicable
What size wreath should I put on all the outside windows of my house? Thanks for your help, I wasn't sure which one to buy Smiley Wink
Honored Contributor

Re: Christmas window wreaths

It depends on the look you want and how big your windows are. When I googled your question there were a lot of helpful pics and tips.

Do you have any wreaths at your home now? If so, use it as a guide to see if it's too small, too large or just the right size for what you are looking for and then measure that wreath. When you want to buy wreaths, just keep in mind the width of the wreath you used as a guide and it's measurement. That's what I would do...

Some folks like big, bold wreaths, others like smaller wreaths. Again, it also depends on the size of your window. If you look at several pics online, they would be helpful since you know what kind of windows/size they are...HTH Smile

Honored Contributor

What Susan Louise said.

Regular Contributor

I put 24".That is measured from the outside of wreath. I like a big bow with long tails too.

My windows are double hung, about 35" wide, on the 2nd floor, the downstairs are same width but longer. Upstairs I hang them right in the middle, downstairs, in the middle of the top window pane. We also wire them from top & bottom so the wind does not blow them around.

A neighbor now the street hangs wreaths that look about 18" and IMO it looks like little lifesavers on her windows, to me they don't look the right scale for the house.

Honored Contributor

I used to hang a wreath in every window for Christmas - I found that 1/2 the size of the window worked well for me - a 36" window got an 18" wreath - the 45" window got a 24" wreath etc. As close as I could get to 1/2. I had a set of really great suction cups with a hook I bought years ago from QVC that I would hook them to and tie them on with a wire tie for extra security in case of a windy day. That plus a large 4ft wide wreath on the octagon window over my entry that had a chandelier hanging right inside the window made for a lovely holiday look.Then just a couple spotlights on the front of the house and we were done. I liked to use a large bow at the top of the wreaths, and long streamers.

Honored Contributor

Wreaths on every window is such a beautiful look! Good luck, OP!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...