Valued Contributor

Didn't think there could be less tissue paper on the roll but every time I buy it, the roll gets smaller.

Pretty soon, the width will be two inches and the core will be even bigger. Can't believe how little is on the roll now. Are there any brands out there that are better value for the money?

Honored Contributor

Re: Didn't think there could be less tissue paper on the roll but every time I buy it, the roll gets smaller.

I always read the number of sheets on the rolls when I purchase ..... MANY brands have different size rolls, depending on where they go ....... example, the purple package of Cottonelle has 166 sheets per roll and yet that same type is sold in packages at K Mart and have only 136 sheets per roll, sold at the same amount! {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Also, 1 ply rolls tend to have more sheets per roll than 2 ply rolls. I've just noticed recently that Northern has come out with a 3 ply roll. I'm tempted to try them. {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Super Contributor

Re: Didn't think there could be less tissue paper on the roll but every time I buy it, the roll gets smaller.

I think so too...

....But maybe its that my butt keeps getting bigger.

I kid, I kid.

lol

Super Contributor

I always get mine from sams, if ever there is a value to be on quality toilet paper, it be there.

Contributor

We only get ours from Costco. Recently I ran out and had to get another brand name and was appalled to see the difference in size. Not only smaller amounts of sheets but way smaller in width!!! I had tons of room on both sides of my toilet paper holder. Such a rip off. I was changing a roll a day!
Valued Contributor

We get ours from Costco and I wish the roll was a little bit smaller. It takes a while to be able to use enough paper where it doesn't tear off in little squares because it's too big to roll smoothly.

This is just like the Kleenex boxes that are packed so tightly that about 5 or 6 tissues come out at the same time when first using a new box.

Respected Contributor

I noticed by accidentally having an old roll sitting next to a new one. Not only was it much thinner, it wasn't as wide (sat about a half inch lower) and the opening for the roll is getting huge!

Esteemed Contributor

Between Big rolls and Large rolls and Double rolls and Mega rolls, and different numbers of sheets in the same sizes in different brands, and then the one-ply and the two-ply, and this brand compares their Double roll to somebody else's Big roll, you would drive yourself nuts trying to figure out if you're getting the best deal. I know, because I was stupid enough to try!{#emotions_dlg.w00t} And you can't always tell by looking at the rolls when you realize that one roll has a bigger cardboard roll inside than another, thus making them look the same size but having less tissue on one.

I finally just settled on the brand I like the best, and I stock up when it's on the best sale and I have coupons.

I even confronted the Customer Service Dept of the brand I buy because they had two different packages in the same store that said Double roll, but there were a different number of sheets on a roll in one package than in the other package. I asked her how they could have two different Double rolls with different amounts in them, and sell them for the same price in the same store! The excuse was that they were switching from one packaging to another and some may have been left from before the switch. I told her they were still cheating the customer by selling less for the same price, either before or after their switch because they were deliberately making it look the same even though it was smaller! {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown} They sent me a bunch of coupons! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Esteemed Contributor

Costco's Kirkland brand

Honored Contributor

We use Charmin and I've bought the Mega Rolls for years, but they don't deem to have as many sheets as they used to. But Charmin recently came out with an "ultra" mega roll, or something like that. That roll is huge!!!!! I bought three 12 packs. I may never need to buy it again!

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?