Respected Contributor

Northern Nights Sheets made in China?

Can anyone confirm if these sheets are made in China? Is there any danger of sleeping on Chinese goods? I just don't trust the Chinese products after the lead toxins and other scares I've heard over the years and try to but American made good whenever possible. I've stopped buying fish sourced from China also due to concerns over polluted waters.
Respected Contributor

Re: Northern Nights Sheets made in China?

Google is a great resource.

Respected Contributor

I just googled the question and was unable to find the answer. I did find out that many wrinkle resistant sheets contain formaldehyde.
Respected Contributor

Not only polluted H20 but other toxins, and yes formaldehyde. Inexpensive always has a reason. Buyer beware.

You might ask QVC customer service for the vendor/reps email address as you have some questions. QVC customer service isn't very knowledgeable so I wouldn't count on them for any detail.

Personally, I spend $$ on great 100% Egyptian cotton sheets made in Italy from Scandia Down. They last a long, long time and I have wonderful sleepSmiley Happy Love my bed!

Honored Contributor

Wash them before you put them on a bed. I imagine all sheets sold today are made in China. I never heard of them killing anyone. Your clothing is probably made there too.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

On 11/23/2014 kachina624 said: Wash them before you put them on a bed. I imagine all sheets sold today are made in China. I never heard of them killing anyone. Your clothing is probably made there too.

It does take several, (many) washing's to remove most toxins, as in formaldehyde.

No, won't kill U immediately, but over time, especially if you spend 7-8 hours 365 days a year. Who knows? Why take chances with your health. Life is short already.

Trusted Contributor

On 11/24/2014 Skylands said:
On 11/23/2014 kachina624 said: Wash them before you put them on a bed. I imagine all sheets sold today are made in China. I never heard of them killing anyone. Your clothing is probably made there too.

It does take several, (many) washing's to remove most toxins, as in formaldehyde.

No, won't kill U immediately, but over time, especially if you spend 7-8 hours 365 days a year. Who knows? Why take chances with your health. Life is short already.

Saying "who knows" is the rallying cry of the anti-science movement. Provide proof -- actual, peer-reviewed proof if you are claiming these sheets re harming people.

Honored Contributor

The last ones I got were from Portugal. But that was a number of years ago. I noticed that many places are listing goods as "imported" rather than say where they are from. My guess is if they don't list an actual country, it is because they don't want you to know (because it has a bad reputation) or they are getting them from various sources and different countries.

Honored Contributor

So what are you going to do, sleep on pine boughs?
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

On 11/24/2014 KYToby said:

Saying "who knows" is the rallying cry of the anti-science movement. Provide proof -- actual, peer-reviewed proof if you are claiming these sheets re harming people.

U R kind of a wise a__! U can Google this yourself sour puss.