Honored Contributor

Glittered, Beaded Fruit Garland Review

/></p> <p>Well, I'm pleased! This garland and wreath are so beautifully made. I have opened one garland up and it is resting ON the mantle. Truth be told, our mantel's

I will try to take a picture of the mantel and post it.

Because our clock takes up the left side of said mantel, and books/lamp/angel are shown off in the center, I am thinking that two garlands joined end-to-end might lend a cluttered feel. Top that off with the "as is" champagne trees (not yet opened) and this might all be overkill. However, I am enjoying Jujjing the garland that is out!

Just now starting to enjoy decorating -- we only do a little bit. With sinuses acting up and still working, my energy needs to bounce back now in time to get things ready for Thursday!

Perhaps some others and me too will get usable ideas from my favorite holiday scene above! (This scene echoes the style of my dear sister-in-law, who we lost over a year ago. She was the epitome of a perfect decorator and always provided a beautiful, warm home and meal for our families-- we miss her!) {#emotions_dlg.wub}

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Re: Glittered, Beaded Fruit Garland Review

Your mantle and tree are beautiful. Good job!

Valued Contributor

Your home is beautiful, absolutely magazine cover. Is that a tapestry on you wall above the fireplace? Thanks for posting.

Honored Contributor

Thank you, ripka junkie! I must ante up and tell you that this is a google image! It is one of my favorites, so this is at least the second year I have used it. It is my computer background. I believe the actual title is Christmas-tree-scene -- that is how one can find it. Would love to know the story of how/where this originated! I will look at other sizes to see if that is a tapestry.

Valued Contributor

I so love that room/house it reeks of antiquity and beauty.

Honored Contributor

Is the tree parked right in front of the fireplace or does it just look that way?

Honored Contributor

Yes... haha... I wondered about the tree being "parked" in front of the fireplace, too. I still wonder how the original picture was obtained. Is this an artist's rendering of this setting... or maybe it is a b&b?... (that would be the only venue in which a tree would be set in front of the actual fireplace ... or in a store setting.)

In the larger version of this picture, which I have used as my classroom computer screen setting, there does not appear to be a tapestry in back of the wreath above the hearth. The "brick" just appears to be a little "blurry" in that area... all of the colors are there.

I must apologize for the awkward sentence in the original post... grammar people help "edit and revise" please!

Glad you all are enjoying this setting and dreaming of it like I am!