Esteemed Contributor
I have many of the spheres in different colors and sizes that I use for summer, harvest, and Christmas and I really like them. But, I find I only get a couple of weeks out of the batteries. Has anyone had this problem? Gets expensive to use them.
Honored Contributor
I have two sets. One set has the three sizes and the other are the three small ones. I don't currently have them out, but I know the batteries were way longer than a couple weeks. I used them on the timer and they lasted a couple months. I didn't find them to be battery hogs.
Trusted Contributor
Are you using good quality batteries? I have 3 sets and get about 2 months glow time on Duracells.
Respected Contributor
I wouldn't be surprised if those spheres were made in China. I've noticed a general decline in Chinese quality goods the last 4 or 5 years. I don't trust their standards. I wish Valerie would only manufacture her goods in the USA.
Trusted Contributor
I used the timer last year, and they lasted months, actually until my DH decided it was time to put them away for next year! I agree, perhaps the key is to use a long life battery like Duracell? I just love those globes, and also have several sets!
Honored Contributor

Last Christmas, my red lasted months, and the batteries were still working when I removed them.

Esteemed Contributor

I have 2 sets. I have buyers remorse. I buy quality batteries and they eat them up. I packed them up months ago.

Honored Contributor

I don't have these, but to address the battery life in general of VPH things, I'd like to know why, if Candle Impressions can produce the products they do with the extended battery life (sometimes 1000 hours), why can't all these type things be made this way?

CI is made in China as well, and I really often hold out on the first "version" of a VPH lit product and see if they bring it back with a better battery life. I think she and Q could do better with this issue.

Super Contributor
On 11/22/2014 Reever said: I wouldn't be surprised if those spheres were made in China. I've noticed a general decline in Chinese quality goods the last 4 or 5 years. I don't trust their standards. I wish Valerie would only manufacture her goods in the USA.

I know they're made in China along with almost everything similar for home decor whether it's from QVC or any other retailer. The only home-decor items I can find from the US are made by local craftspeople.

Having said that I love the VPH spheres and use them every season. For some that I use outside, I don't even use the batteries. They sparkle, shine and reflect enough in my flower beds in the daytime that I don't use the light feature.