Contributor

O/T -- Front load washer vibrates??

I purchased a Samsung front load washer about a year ago and it is on the platform base we also purchased. It vibrates terribly during the spin cycle, no matter how much is in it. Has anyone had this problem with their front load, and if so, is there a solution? We have check the level of both the floor and the washer and they are fine. Any help would be appreciated...

TIA

Esteemed Contributor

Re: O/T -- Front load washer vibrates??

I have a Samsung front loader washer with the drawer and have not had this problem. I wash king size bedding and sometimes have to check on the dryer with things getting rolled up too tight. My Samsung washer has a load level feature (built in) so this may be why the washer is fine.

I remembered when we installed our set that it took a while to get the unit to sit square on the floor and on the drawer. We had to use a level because to the eye it look even. I would suggest that you check the connection between the washer and the drawer. My floor is cement but I did put down a runner underneath the washer/dryer to ""cushion"" it from that shimmy/walking with the bedding loads.

Hope this helps.

Super Contributor

I have an LG front loader on a pedestal and have had terrible problems with the vibration and moving. I bought the anti-vibration pads and they did not help. It was checked repeatedly to be level but it vibrated and moved all the time. It's a big unit and I felt like a weight lifter constantly moving it back into position. I can only use the medium spin speed since the high spin makes it move even more. After dealing with this for over two years, one day all the vibration pads had come out from under because of the vibrations and moving except one on the front left hand corner. Strange as it seems, with the one pad under that corner of the machine -- and obviously not level -- the machine doesn't vibrate or move anymore.

I would NEVER EVER buy another front loader.

Regular Contributor

ditto I would never ever never buy another front loader Smiley Sad Kenmore Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

I think stores are derelict to not warn people about the problems of front loaders vibrating. Mine is on a laminate floor, meaning not cement. I was warned not to put it on a pedestal. I can put up with the vibration I do have, but if I get too old to bend over for loading, I will go to a top loader on a pedestal.

Esteemed Contributor

Ours is on a base, too, and we had to adjust the four points so that it was more level. You can turn each leg platform. It will take two people to do so.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

I hate front load washers for many reasons. I had one once and would never buy another one. I see that top loaders are becoming more popular again. If I was in the market for a new washer, it would be a top loader for sure.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Super Contributor

I am praying for the day my front loader croaks {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}, can't stand the thing.

I had a lot of vibration problems as well, the machine was not leveled properly.

Super Contributor

On 11/21/2014 twopeas said:

Ours is on a base, too, and we had to adjust the four points so that it was more level. You can turn each leg platform. It will take two people to do so.

yes that is all it takes. we had to do this with ours and problem solved!