Honored Contributor
Somewhere yesterday I read a thread where people were looking for Christmas dishes at Walmart and couldn't find any. I was in there today and found them. They were not with the dinnerware; they were in a center aisle between linens and the Christmas decorations. They had salad plates in 2 or 3 patterns designed to go on a dinner plate with a coordinating pattern along the edge. I didn't notice the prices.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: Walmart Christmas Dishes

Knowing Walmart were they made in China? I surely wouldn't serve my guests on potentially hazardous dinnerware because the dishes had Christmas trees on them.

"Pure Michigan"
Super Contributor

i saw these kachina! i was in a hurry and did not have time to stop and look at all the designs but the one i saw - the christmas tree - was cute! i am going to go back and get some of the salad plates.

Contributor

Rachael Ray's dessert Christmas plates are made in China.

Valued Contributor

Spode isn't even made in England anymore. Sad.

Honored Contributor

Various Walmart stores are getting these in but on a very irregular schedule. I had been watching for these (and their fall counterparts earlier this year) and some stores had them early and some still don't have them. I have noticed that different stores are putting them in different places. Some have them in the main aisle going in, other are putting them with the Christmas decor, and one store I was in had them half way back in the middle of the store.

For those who have been waiting, it has been my experience that there are very few pieces at any one location this year, as they have considerably less shelf space dedicated than in years past. It is frustrating if you are continuing to try to add to your collection of these (as they add new pieces each year) because if you miss the window of opportunity to pick up the plates for $2.98, ebay sellers want as much as $10 for them after they sell out. I think that is why they are gone from the shelves so quickly, people are buying them up and putting them on ebay.

Super Contributor

On 11/21/2014 mominohio said:

Various Walmart stores are getting these in but on a very irregular schedule. I had been watching for these (and their fall counterparts earlier this year) and some stores had them early and some still don't have them. I have noticed that different stores are putting them in different places. Some have them in the main aisle going in, other are putting them with the Christmas decor, and one store I was in had them half way back in the middle of the store.

For those who have been waiting, it has been my experience that there are very few pieces at any one location this year, as they have considerably less shelf space dedicated than in years past. It is frustrating if you are continuing to try to add to your collection of these (as they add new pieces each year) because if you miss the window of opportunity to pick up the plates for $2.98, ebay sellers want as much as $10 for them after they sell out. I think that is why they are gone from the shelves so quickly, people are buying them up and putting them on ebay.

that is where my store has them located mominohio! the main aisle as you walk in.

glad you mentioned the other locations because yes i am sure it varies from store to store. and you are so right about ebay! i am not surprised at all because this always happens with something like this.

Respected Contributor

On 11/21/2014 cotto22 said:

Spode isn't even made in England anymore. Sad.

That's true because I have collected it fo years, but recently I saw Spode pieces in Home Goods that still have the England stamp.
Respected Contributor

On 11/21/2014 shesallthat said:

that is where my store has them located mominohio! the main aisle as you walk in.

glad you mentioned the other locations because yes i am sure it varies from store to store. and you are so right about ebay! i am not surprised at all because this always happens with something like this.

Ladies - it looks like they are still available online. Very inexpensive.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Better-Homes-and-Gardens-Plate-Set-8-Piece/39074758

Honored Contributor

Our local thrift stores pull out all the stops for Christmas. There are many complete sets of dinnerware, some old enough to not be made in China. Also mugs, Christmas décor, etc.