Honored Contributor

Glittered decor, love it or hate it?

I was never one for much glitter in decor, period. But this year, I have purchased some really pretty holiday pieces that are glittered. Some have really good hold, and others shed like the dickens.

In years past, I'd have never used the "messy" ones, but I'm giving it a try to see, because I think the pieces are beautiful.

How are you with the glitter issue?

Honored Contributor

Re: Glittered decor, love it or hate it?

I think the glittered décor is gorgeous if it is not overdone....but I have never bought anything glittered that did not leave glitter everywhere...I found myself picking up glitter off the floor for months. Make sure to take your glittered pieces outside and shake them enough to get the loose stuff off as much as possible before you bring it into the house and display it.

Honored Contributor

I love how glitter looks.... hate that I'm vacuuming it out of the carpet for 12 months...

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Trusted Contributor

I like glitter...no a lot of glitter. I have purchased some gorgeous things this year, much to my hubby's chagrin that are gold glittered. I bought Lisa's angels, a beautiful stag finial and sleigh from Zulily, that I cannot wait to put out, and I also bought some glittered ribbon.

Honored Contributor

I don't have any glittered decor. I guess I'm in the hate it category. A couple years ago I purchased some flameless candles from pier one for next to nothing. I had glitter everywhere, so they had to go back.
Respected Contributor

I HATE glitter. What a mess. I don't know how many times I've been out somewhere or home later and noticed a piece or pieces of glitter on my forehead or in my hair. It gets everywhere.
Honored Contributor

Glitter = litter

Respected Contributor

I love glitter, sparkles, diamonds, shine, sheen, etc.

Esteemed Contributor

Honored Contributor

Like it, but I always end up with bits of glitter on my face when I decorate.