Trusted Contributor

Anyone living in this blizzard?

Hard to watch the videos. Its 70 here with a low in the 50's. But we have traffic and smogSmiley Happy and Pelosi :0
Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone living in this blizzard?

I'll swap you. We have a foot+ snow and would trade Jerry for Snyder any day.
Trusted Contributor

Two for one special you have to take pelosi. I cant believe the pictures of Buffalo area. I hope everyone stays safe and warm.
Super Contributor

Northern IN here. 3" of snow in my neighborhood, negative temps for a day then low teens for several days. 24 today. It's even more surreal to read it may reach 49 on Sunday.

Crazy!!

Feel so bad for Buffalo area. Per CNN 72" or 6 feet since Tuesday, and 20-30 inches more expected on Thursday. Unbelievable--read 84" is normal for an entire season.

Super Contributor

Yes, over 5 feet of snow already and another 2-3 feet coming now {#emotions_dlg.crying}

Honored Contributor

I hope everyone stays safe and indoors!

The things I think about are countless numbers of roofs of homes, schools, and any building for that matter collapsing...

Those with medical emergencies...or those who run out of their meds and can't get more...

And so many other big issues...

No doubt the National Guard will have to be called in to help with the removal of snow...20-30 more inches will be added to the 6'. Have Mercy! Back in the 70's, I remember snowstorms with 2-3' of snow all at once and our mailbox would get buried. We shoveled the driveway every few hours when it was snowing...

But 6' to possibly 8' of snow is just mind-boggling!... How does one clear a driveway with snow taller than oneself when opening their garage? {#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

I'm imagining myself with a shovel...where do you start to scoop? Where do you put the scoop of snow? Throw it in the air and hope it lands on the lawn which is also 6' high? {#emotions_dlg.blink}

Respected Contributor

I'm in N Florida and I'm freezing and miserable. I can't even begin to imagine what it must be like in all that mess. I don't know how you do it. The real serious dangers aside, I've drank way too much coffee, have eaten nothing but a bunch of junk, my nose and lips are so dry, and I don't want to go outside. I tip my hat to you all and hope everyone stays safe!
Respected Contributor

Be safe out there! I cannot imagine 5-8 ft of snow.
Honored Contributor

I left Chicago after the blizzard of '67

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

On 11/20/2014 Desertdi said:

I left Chicago after the blizzard of '67

I remember it well! I can't blame you, I'd leave if I could.