Frequent Contributor

I was wondering if anyone recognized another Christmas dish pattern that Valerie used this year. It is a red and white polka dot background with a green tree in the middle. I can no longer find the particular item she was selling with that plate on the table but it may have been Christmas in July or one of her first Christmas shows. I find using the different holiday plates in my hutch adds so much color and style to my kitchen/dining room area. I also enjoy her idea of taking different napkins and folding them to a point so it hangs over the shelf with the plate behind it. I have red and white check napkins I bought just for that purpose. I appreciate all the ideas posters on this board give to others so that we may decorate our homes in ways we would not have thought of on our own.

Esteemed Contributor

Were these plates shown on the kids' table on the set, or the main table? I vaguely remember them, but am trying to remember where they were located on the set, hoping it will jog my memory about what item might have been presented. That way it might be easier to locate a product video showing the plate.

Super Contributor

kathleenalice, have you ever used replacements.com? Just click on "china" and they have a process to help you identify the pattern...or type "stoneware" in the search box. They have over 400,000 patterns registered with them. Good luck finding the pattern!

Some people do drugs. I do shoes....Celine Dion
Valued Contributor

I asked Valerie on her FB page but no answer yet. If she does respond I'll post back.

Honored Contributor

KathleenAlice, I searched through and watched many of VPH's decor videos to find the one you are in search of...even googled many variations of 'polka dot Christmas tree' and browsed several hundred pics. I did see a red rimed plate with white polka dots with a red tree in the center, but that was as close as I got to what you were looking for...hope you find it!

I just ordered an adorable set of salad/dessert plates at PB called "Holiday Forest Fashion Layer Salad Plate set of 4", Red Outdoor Flatware (12 pc set) and some AWESOME antler napkin holders before they sold out online (for those interested, they might still be available at your local store)! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Esteemed Contributor

Neat plates and napkin rings, SL!

Honored Contributor
On 11/19/2014 SHOPR said:

Hi SHOPR, Thanks...all 4 plates have a wonderful unique design...love the reindeer one the best! I thought the napkin holders were refreshingly different than most I have seen over the years and goes great with a woodland decorating/tablesetting/tablescaping themes.

I would have liked to have waited til the big sales start to get a bigger discount, however I have noticed that with some decor, they only have them one season and poof, they are gone, not to return and I really didn't want to resort to hunting these down next year, no doubt paying lots more on EBay and not getting the quantity I want.

I'm sure I'll find some other treasures during those big sales (Black Friday & Cyber Monday) to make up for it.

Valued Contributor

VPH answered my question about these dishes that I had posted on her FB page. She said they came from a local discount dept. store. I know that does not help much. Sorry!

Honored Contributor
On 11/19/2014 Susan Louise said:
On 11/19/2014 SHOPR said:

Hi SHOPR, Thanks...all 4 plates have a wonderful unique design...love the reindeer one the best! I thought the napkin holders were refreshingly different than most I have seen over the years and goes great with a woodland decorating/tablesetting/tablescaping themes.

I would have liked to have waited til the big sales start to get a bigger discount, however I have noticed that with some decor, they only have them one season and poof, they are gone, not to return and I really didn't want to resort to hunting these down next year, no doubt paying lots more on EBay and not getting the quantity I want.

I'm sure I'll find some other treasures during those big sales (Black Friday & Cyber Monday) to make up for it.

Just an update...

I received the plates and the napkin holders today. Well, unfortunately, the plates are going back. This is a case of the pics online were better than the actual plates...just wasn't impressed (IMO). Too bad there isn't a Pottery Barn nearby so I could have seen them in person...closest is 65 miles away...oh well.

However, the antler napkin holders are just FAB!!! I'm thrilled with that purchase.

Tomorrow I'll be getting the red outdoor flatware. I don't think I'll be disappointed with those sets...couldn't beat the price per set either...a tad more than 50% off and I love the rustic look of them! They will go so well with all the BH&G dinnerware, and various plaid dinner plates I bought recently {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Esteemed Contributor

SL, It's so hard to judge an item's quality from online photos. I'm still a little shocked when I think back to receiving the Grandin Road natural candle rings, the ones that I had to return due to them looking very fake/plastic. The online images look so nice! :-(