Valued Contributor

Which color is the best/most good looking in the Set of 3 Illuminated Glitter Sequin Trees with Timers H205207

They are available in the as is section, every color except red. I am doing a snowy woodsy theme this year in my entryway. Most of the decor that I have collected in white or silver., but some of the feathered owls have quite a lot of brown on them. I have Lisa's sequined set of 3 trees in white that do not light. What would look good with these to create a beautiful look? More white trees, the chocolate or the silver? I am trying to visualize the whole look, but I am having trouble. I am sure these will disappear quite soon, being in the as is section with a reduced price. Thank you for your opinion!

Honored Contributor

Re: Which color is the best/most good looking in the Set of 3 Illuminated Glitter Sequin Trees with Timers H205207

Hi rosehill, I did my entry table with LR"s white unlit, these illuminated glittered sequined trees in white and silver with a silver sleigh filled with small white and silver ball ornaments and a 3 1/2 ft white lit tree and Valerie's pewter standing Reindeer. I'd say silver, but chocolate is a bronzy brown color so nice too. I was going for the icy look. Have fun.

Honored Contributor

Re: Which color is the best/most good looking in the Set of 3 Illuminated Glitter Sequin Trees with Timers H205207

My first choice would have been chocolate, but they are gone. Silver is my second choice.
Super Contributor

Hi rosehill! Your entranceway sounds like it's really coming together.

I think more white (lots of white) and silver and silver mercury too. The silver will enhance the icy effect and reflect light. Lots of white & silver trees or cone objects massed together; can see it in my mind's eye! The owls accented with brown would look fab with rustic woodland objects, along with a pops of evergreen.

You are inspiring me to get going on my decs.

Super Contributor

Rosehill are you adding snow to the vignette? if so what are you using?

Respected Contributor

Ah RoseHill now you have my mind working. I think I have these trees I just can't remember what color last year my daughter and I ordered so many different items in the Christmas in July day. I know I used some of these trees but I also think I have the ones that don't light up. I would reorder these but I am sure my daughter would have my head. I know we had so many different items we were switching using them between my home and hers. Now I have to decide what to do.

Respected Contributor

Wonder since the top selling idea for this year is the woods like look if the green would nice with bronze accents. I have a lot of the bronze picks that I mixed with gold last year on my dining room buffet. I did the green like branch garland and decorated it with white lights my gold reindeer, and sleigh and the trees that we are talking about here. I think I used the gold trees. I had the pine garland so decorated you could hardly see it every one thought it looked stunning when it was lighted up.

Valued Contributor

Thanks to all of your for your ideas and opinions. I appreciate all of them. I think I will go with a set of the silver to compliment the white non lit ones. I will take your advice, whitelinen, and use the owls with lots of brown ones on them under the tree in my living room. That room has accents of gold and green, and the tree has a woodsy theme.

Whitelinen, I purchased some faux snow called Buffalo Snow, but never have used any snow products like that, so I am not sure how it is going to turn out. Everything will have to go on the floor around the grandfather clock. It's either going to look great or not so great. I will let everyone know how it starts going together. There is a long sofa table to be decorated too- I will probably remake the cloches I have that sit on silver bases with faux snow crystals and tiny putz houses from World Market that I found recently. I don't know what I will do around the cloches yet. I plan to start in the bedrooms tomorrow. I am waaay behind on holiday decorating. The last two months have been spent on helping my mother clean up her house and get it ready for sale. She ended up in the hospital about 2 weeks ago with some heart problems due to too much work and stress related to all of this. We had to get it all emptied last week, so this is the reason I am behind. But that's life, isn't it? Smile Have you begun decorating yet, whitelinen?

I am all ears if you have any ideas about adding snow to the vignette. I hope it turns out halfway decent!

Cater your ideas sound wonderful-I love that look! Lucy, your ideas sound beautiful too! Clean, icy, and simply beautiful!

Respected Contributor

RoseHill I think what you are going to do will be elegant. As long as when you walk in to the room and it makes you say ahh and you smile that is what is important. Sorry about your Mom it is tough when us Moms get older. I am older but I still love to decorate my home for the holidays. My problem is that I have been collecting decorations for over 54 years and now I am having a time with my legs and they are holding me back a little. Have a beautiful holiday you deserve it for all you have been doing.

Super Contributor

Lots on your plate my dear!! All of our parents are gone now, but I remember the process of moving and it was very stressful & emotional. Heart goes out to you and your mother. I am sure she thanks G o d every day for you rosehill!

Hopefully Christmas will bring all of you peace & joy and I know your house will speak to your mother with all your beautiful decs rosehill!!