Honored Contributor

I have recently gotten hooked...and boy, is it addictive!...Have Mercy! {#emotions_dlg.scared}

I will share how I got started on this wonderful journey...

I found a GREAT blog (I highly recommend) by way of googling for particular patterns/designs of plates/dinnerware called "Home Is Where the Boat Is". I have spent several hours browsing all her great recipes and tablescapes!

Although for many years I have mixed and matched dinnerware for place settings, I just never really got hooked til now. I have purchased a few different plate patterns/designs this past week and I have to STOP! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Table settings/tablescapes

Uh oh, I'm afraid to look at that Blog.

I love dinnerware and having things just so. Although with just my husband and me, I don't do near what I used to at the holidays.

There is nothing like a well-set table and lovely tablescapes to make your heart sing!

Honored Contributor

On 11/17/2014 Witchy Woman said:

Uh oh, I'm afraid to look at that Blog.

I love dinnerware and having things just so. Although with just my husband and me, I don't do near what I used to at the holidays.

There is nothing like a well-set table and lovely tablescapes to make your heart sing!

Hi Witchy Woman, Awww, come on...give it a go {#emotions_dlg.devil2}................{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

It's only DH and I too, but I still get so much joy out of decorating...

Two of her recipes I can't wait to try...Mini Pumpkin Pies and Cranberry-Pecan Pie Crust Leaves! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Trusted Contributor

Susan Louise, your addiction is about to go up a notch! Google "Between Naps on the Porch". This blogger hosts what is called "Tablescape Thursday" and people post their tablescapes. I think it is a button on the right hand side of the page. I haven't been there for a while, but you can spend hours and hours looking at all the beautiful tablescapes. Dishes are a true addiction. My sister (also a dish addict) and I have a saying..."just when you think there can't be a prettier dish..."

Respected Contributor

Oh, gosh, I follow both of those blogs. I love Tablescape Thursday. Usually, I don't have time to look at all of the links until the weekend. It's one of my favorite things to do. I have a serious dish addiction and love setting pretty tables.

Honored Contributor

Hi DecorDiva and Marsha,

I just signed up for "Between Naps on the Porch" Smile

I'm hoping folks will post pics here of how they decorated their holiday tables with their dinnerware/tablescapes! That would be fun!!!

Honored Contributor

I have been "in to" tablescapes since I was a child. And I'm not sure exactly why. My mom didn't have much to work with, but would set a nice table for any holiday, but she only had one set of good dishes, one good tablecloth, and very little to use for centerpieces, used over and over again, so I don't know where my love began.

When I was single, my dining room table was "set" all the time with antique and Victorian dishes, and I still admire the pics of it. Along comes a family, and I can't leave the table "set" anymore as it is the one we eat at every meal, so now I get to change it up often.

What I have fun doing is seeing how many things I can reuse in a number of different looks or seasons. It's amazing considering I do tablescapes from Victorian, to mid century modern, and never stick to a single color palate as a base, like some people start with a white or cream base for everything they build.

Dishes and tableware are my "shoes and purses". I'd rather have kitchen stuff than any fashion item ever.

Honored Contributor

On 11/17/2014 mominohio said:

I have been "in to" tablescapes since I was a child. And I'm not sure exactly why. My mom didn't have much to work with, but would set a nice table for any holiday, but she only had one set of good dishes, one good tablecloth, and very little to use for centerpieces, used over and over again, so I don't know where my love began.

When I was single, my dining room table was "set" all the time with antique and Victorian dishes, and I still admire the pics of it. Along comes a family, and I can't leave the table "set" anymore as it is the one we eat at every meal, so now I get to change it up often.

What I have fun doing is seeing how many things I can reuse in a number of different looks or seasons. It's amazing considering I do tablescapes from Victorian, to mid century modern, and never stick to a single color palate as a base, like some people start with a white or cream base for everything they build.

Dishes and tableware are my "shoes and purses". I'd rather have kitchen stuff than any fashion item ever.

Hi Mominohio, Thanks for sharing...would love for you to post some pics of your set table this holiday season! Smile

Honored Contributor

Does anyone's tablescape include a naughty orange cat?

Honored Contributor

On 11/20/2014 lolakimono said:

Does anyone's tablescape include a naughty orange cat? {#emotions_dlg.devil2}{#emotions_dlg.sneaky}

{#emotions_dlg.lol}.......So you have tablescapes with moving parts? Can you share a pic...or better yet, a video? {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}