Honored Contributor

Bath and Body Works hand soaps

I could have posted this in Beauty, but I don't go there too often.

Anyway.... has anyone tried any of the new liquid soaps that they've released for the holidays? They have the usual ones- Twisted Peppermint, Vanilla Bean Noel, etc., that they do every year.

But they also have some new ones this year. I've tried a few and thought I'd pass on my recommendations (or non-recommendation):

Merry Cookie- smells like a Christmas cookie. It's good.

Cherry Almond Shortbread- again, another cookie- smells good.

Raspberry Meringue- don't know that is specifically smells like raspberries, but it's good enough.

Salted Caramel- bought it and returned it. It was SO strong that I had to get out of bed and wash my hands with something else to get the smell off. I thought it reeked of bad perfume.

Mixed Berry Tart- LOVE this soap. They describe it as "red berry tart, orange zest and powdered sugar". I like it so much that I went back and bought several more bottles.

Those of you who know Bath and Body Works know that the minute you find something you like, they discontinue it, so better stock up.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Frequent Contributor

Re: Bath and Body Works hand soaps

I was at B&BW and picked up some items for myself and gifts. I really like the Vanilla Bean Noel. A very nice, not too cookie-sweet vanilla. I got that in the body lotion and hand wash, and small body mists and shower gel.

As far as hand soaps, the holiday ones I also got were Fresh Sparkling Snow and Snow Kissed Berry. Both have a nice, clean scent. I got the Merry Cookie hand wash that you mentioned, too. A nice holiday scent. Other customers in the store were also commenting on how nice that one was. I know what you mean about the Salted Caramel. After I smelled it, I had to put it back. WAY too strong. I guess I'll stick with the salted caramel that you can eat! Smiley Happy The others mentioned seemed nice.

Speaking of too strong, I recently put out an Aloha Orchid hand wash that I found in my cabinet. I used it a few times, and didn't care for it at all. It left an overpowering scent on my hands that I didn't like. Putting it away for a gift or to donate. Sometimes things smell very different (and not in a good way) when you use them. I'd rather use the more seasonal scents now anyway. It's amazing all the holiday ones that are out now!

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the review! I'm back to ordering hand soaps from them, since they've given us another choice besides the "anti-bac" stuff! I'll check out Mixed Berry Tart for sure, and I agree with both of you about Salted Caramel! Right now the two I have in the kitchen and powder room are Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin and Weekend Apple Picking. Both are great! Smile

Respected Contributor

LOVE BBW but I can't stand anything smelly on my hands - gives me a headache. Weird, huh? I got some BBW hand soap as a gift last Christmas and it smells great, so I have it out for guests, can't remember the name. I don't get a lot of guests and was getting bored with it sitting out, so I tried to mix it in with some of my regular unscented hand soap to use it up. It's still a little too much fragrance for me.

Honored Contributor

I got a new one, that they just put out yesterday- Lemon Meringue Cheer. The manager at the store by me told me a few weeks ago that this was her favorite from last year and that it was coming back. It was in the store yesterday. She hadn't put it out yet, but she got it from the back for me.

I really, really liked it. It did NOT smell like Lemon Pledge, which a lot of lemon items do. It was lemon and buttercream and she said a touch of vanilla. I thought it was very nice and I came home with 5, count em, 5 of them.

Valued Contributor

I love their soaps but dilute them 50% with distilled water to make them last twice as long.

Can't wait to try the new ones. I'm a bit lazy and just buy the bundle sets now.

I have a small hoard of my favorites and use them at the sinks that only I use. They're too good to share!

Frequent Contributor

On 11/18/2014 gidgetgoeshawaiian said:

I got a new one, that they just put out yesterday- Lemon Meringue Cheer. The manager at the store by me told me a few weeks ago that this was her favorite from last year and that it was coming back. It was in the store yesterday. She hadn't put it out yet, but she got it from the back for me.

I really, really liked it. It did NOT smell like Lemon Pledge, which a lot of lemon items do. It was lemon and buttercream and she said a touch of vanilla. I thought it was very nice and I came home with 5, count em, 5 of th

I've just about used up a a lemon one in the kitchen; I just checked, and it's Lemon Chiffon Tart. It's not heavily perfumed or overpowering. Will have to check out the Lemon Meringue Cheer that you mentioned.

Super Contributor

Pumpkin Frost is another good one. Different from the other pumpkin scents they have. I agree with the OP on the soaps that the OP mentioned. There is such a wide variety and to me these are very nice scents: Tis the Season, Winter Citrus Wreath, Candy Cane Bliss and Sparkling Icicles( manly), and one with Pear in the title and the color is light green, can not remember the name off-hand. Wanted to add Snow Kissed Berry Smiley Happy...and Twisted Peppermint... oh my I think that's it lol

Honored Contributor

On 11/23/2014 Christmasnut said:

Pumpkin Frost is another good one. Different from the other pumpkin scents they have. I agree with the OP on the soaps that the OP mentioned. There is such a wide variety and to me these are very nice scents: Tis the Season, Winter Citrus Wreath, Candy Cane Bliss and Sparkling Icicles( manly), and one with Pear in the title and the color is light green, can not remember the name off-hand. Wanted to add Snow Kissed Berry Smiley Happy...and Twisted Peppermint... oh my I think that's it lol

Candy Cane Bliss is a friend of mine's favorite. And I'm finishing up a bottle of Twisted Peppermint this morning. I'm going to start the Lemon Meringue Soap next.

At our kitchen sink, we're still using Mixed Berry Tart, which I love.

Honored Contributor

I love the hand washes. A couple years ago the outlet store had a clearance for $1.49. I bought all they had. Took a couple years to go through them. I've been using another brand and it's very drying. I need to try some of these new scents.