Honored Contributor

What misc. items do you use for other uses?

For instance, what else do you store in your lock and locks, besides foods?

Saw an article about using pill boxes to put earrings in when you travel (7 days worth).

Or, ice cube trays to straighten out jewelry that isn't in order but all mixed up?

I love seeing multi-use ideas for around the home, to get it in order.

I use some of my lock and locks for desk top separation of all the little things like paperclips and little tiny post its.

Got any ideas or ways you multi-use what you have?

Honored Contributor

Re: What misc. items do you use for other uses?

I bought this:

And these:

Confetti 4-piece Prep Bowl Set - Assorted KiwiConfetti 4-piece Prep Bowl Set - Assorted RedConfetti 4-piece Prep Bowl Set - Assorted Orange

And I have one bowl in each cubby for my jewelry. I can put my Carolyn Pollack pieces together (ring, enhancer, cuff) and see everything at once.

Respected Contributor

3M hooks: hang long and short necklaces and watches under the top of my makeup table, using the three walls for background -- keeps things neat and clean and totally visible at once. In the kitchen: hand matching lids on the inside of cabinet door-- add little pads to keep top and bottom edges from making banging noises.
We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

Tie racks: in utility closet I hang different cleaning cloths for windows, furniture, stairs, etc. from individual hooks. If lacking a hook, I sew a little ribbon on and write the cloth's purpose. In clothes closet, I use a slide out plastic tie rack for my scarves -- takes up little room along the wall and slides back out of sight.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

Toothbrush holders for multi brushes, heavyweight: placed by recliners and on kitchen island. Holds slim spare glasses, pen/pencil, thin highlighter, nail file. Small spin around holder by main reading chair: small pad of paper, glasses, file / buffer, small scissors, pen / pencil, highlighter, mini calculator. Everything you need in one place and keeps area clear for teacup!
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

I've repurposed baskets to hold cosmetics, hair brushes/blow dryer. I have a big lock and lock container with a handle. I converted it to my nail kit and have all my files/polishes in it.
Trusted Contributor

Love this thread ~ very cool & creative!!!!!
Honored Contributor

I put Q tips in L&L....keeps them dry and straight. I keep my pot lids in a dish drainer in the cabinet; makes them easy to see and protects them from breakage.

Respected Contributor

This is not exactly what you're asking about, I don't think, but I'm gonna share it. I got this tip here years ago. I like to take all kinds of jewelry with me when I travel. I found that some of my very fine gauge chains/necklaces would end up in those horrible little knots no matter what I did to prevent it. Someone here on the boards said to thread and clasp your chain through a drinking straw and that would keep them from tangling on themselves. Works like a charm! I typically use the flexible kind of straws. Anyway, I appreciate the person who shared the tip......and now I am passing it on.

Valued Contributor

I use a large, soft makeup brush (kind used for powder) to clean the keyboard on my PC, the vents on my computer tower, the crystals on my chandelier, and various other delicate articles around the house where a dusting clother is simply too heavy.