Honored Contributor

Nice alternative to Hallmark Christmas movies

The UP channel (on DirecTV it is channel 338) has Christmas movies every evening now, and they are a nice change from all the romance that has taken over Hallmark.

Some are a little older, most are value or Christian based, and I'm loving seeing something besides romance.

Thought I'd post for those who aren't aware of the channel.

Super Contributor

Re: Nice alternative to Hallmark Christmas movies

Is this on Dish TV ?

Respected Contributor

You need to check with Dish. That's one of the reasons we left Dish for Direct. Direct has lots more programming. Thanks for letting us know about the new channel. Looking forward to watching it.

Super Contributor

Thanks mominohio. I enjoy Christmas movies but would welcome a change from the usual Hallmark ones. I will check it out.

Honored Contributor

I am already all done with the hallmark Christmas movies. This evening we have the satellite radio on an easy listening channel. Such a nice atmosphere.

Super Contributor

It's channel 188 on Dish here. Thanks, I'll check it out.
Honored Contributor

Oh gosh, the Hallmark movies have just become dreadful... Not that some of them aren't enjoyable, but they just keep repeating, repeating, repeating the same movies over and over... It makes me wonder why they insist on starting them so early. Heck most of them have already been shown multiple times this year and they weren't new to begin with. The lone new one I tried to watch was so bad I turned it off after watching less than half of it. Still, there are a few that are enjoyable enough to watch from year to year. Unfortunately, not nearly enough to make them a steady diet...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

I can't take the Hallmark Channel with all these sugary holiday movies any more. Everyone must be in hiatus there so they don't have to do any real programming.
Trusted Contributor

Home and Family is still in production through the holidays.

I am watching the new movie Northpole as we speak. I like that they incorporate 12 new movies each year, but they play the same ones over and over again.

The plot lines are so predictable, but I still enjoy watching them.

Contributor

I have Directv and get this channel. There was a movie on there tonight I really wanted to watch, but for some reason that channel comes in poorly, kind of scrambled like a snow storm is going on, but it's not. Eventually my whole Tivo system shut down and rebooted itself. Very frustrating!