Super Contributor

Do you think a Costco membership is worthwhile for a 1 or 2 person household? Do any of you buy online from Costco or mostly buy at the store? What items do you mostly buy and do they have something you can't get anywhere else?

Honored Contributor

Thanks for starting this thread. Those are good questions! The closest Costco from us is 65 miles away, but I'd still be curious if they ever have a store here Smile

Respected Contributor
We are a 2 person household and wouldn't be without our Costco membership. I go about every 6 weeks or so and stock up on what we need. Paper goods, vitamins, printer ink, and anything lease we might need. I always get a rotisserie chicken and other treats. They are expanding their organic selections. Can you tell I love Costco? LOL!

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

We are two, three every three months and summer, and I buy everything I can at Costco. For instance, two larger gallons of milk than the market offers is $3.+ for the two, half as much as at the market. The same with bread, I keep the extra bread and bagels in the freezer. Butter is dirt cheap, organic eggs, and on and on. The only items I don't buy there are items it doesn't carry, for the most part.

Respected Contributor

YES! YES! and did I say YES! We are 2 and I don't know what my grocery bill would be without them. Meat, juice, paper products, canned goods, etc are so much cheaper. Love their sheets, towels and kitchen items. Baby and kids clothes are the best. I do a great deal of my Christmas and wedding gift shopping here as well. Love their home improvement things as well. Last year we got our new furnace & air conditioning system from them. Saved a ton!! Always order my custom blinds. We use the Bali ones that we measure and put up. Customer service is second to none. Whether we order on line or buy in store they always take returns no questions asked. Well worth the cost of admission. We are executive members and because we get a cash back bonus once a year, we never pay for our membership out of pocket. Love this place

Honored Contributor

Yes, I believe it's worth the membership investment, if you're going to avail yourself of all Costco has to offer other than solely food type items. Don't get me wrong, we buy a lot of groceries there, but also get eye exams, eyeglasses, tires, our auto and homeowner's insurance, gasoline for two vehicles, etc.

Super Contributor

Wow! Awesome replies! I was talking to a friend on the phone tonight, she's single, lives alone, was telling me how great Costco is .... I just couldn't believe it would be worthwhile for one person since they sell so much in bulk ... but she does a lot of baking and mentioned the butter, and just like Reiki, she said she wouldn't be without her membership. I guess she's telling the truth! Now I'm curious what everyone's buying there! Thanks for the replies.

Honored Contributor

Our car insurance savings more than pays for the membership but we have the executive one so we always get more than the membership cost back in the year end rebate.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

We are members of Costco and it is just the two of us, we don't go there often, but I do enjoy going and they sell items we cannot find other places, especially this time of the year ......... their fruitcakes are delicious, and filet mignons are good and reasonably priced!

Trusted Contributor

Absolutely! It is just the two of us, but I go to Costco 2-3 times a month. Love the berries, bananas, cherry tomatoes, salmon, rotisserie chicken, paper products, bottled water, dish soap, eggs, sliced ham...just to name a few!