Honored Contributor

HU folks...Luminara Churchill Lantern is back in stock!!!

We already have 2 of the black ones and they are wonderful! (H202047)

I just reordered 2 of the 'cream'...YAY! I had originally ordered them back in July at the CIJ price and the Q canceled my waitlist order at the end of September. So I called CS and they honored that price and made the adjustment...VERY happy camper here!!! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Valued Contributor

Re: HU folks...Luminara Churchill Lantern is back in stock!!!

Wow those Are pretty....That's just great that CS gave you the CIJ price, too.Smile

Honored Contributor

On 11/13/2014 Luv_My_Beagle said:

Wow those Are pretty....That's just great that CS gave you the CIJ price, too.Smile

I've had both black lanterns (one in our kitchen and one in our livingroom) ever since we got them this past summer. They really make it 'homey' and add warmth to a room.

I want to use the cream ones in the Spring/Summer next year for a change to switch them out...or even put one of the 'cream' lanterns in the bedroom...should look great with our new bedding set too!

I highly recommend them! Smile

Honored Contributor

Bump

Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the letting us know Susan Louise! I've been hoping these would come back as I got 1 and wished I would have ordered another - thanks to you now I can! Glad I didn't order those other Crescent Lanterns from Monday which I was tempted to do. I also saw Luminara now has votives that are new so I ordered a set - just hoping they are keepers and I won't be disappointed in them.

Valued Contributor

On 11/14/2014 polady said:

Thanks for the letting us know Susan Louise! I've been hoping these would come back as I got 1 and wished I would have ordered another - thanks to you now I can! Glad I didn't order those other Crescent Lanterns from Monday which I was tempted to do. I also saw Luminara now has votives that are new so I ordered a set - just hoping they are keepers and I won't be disappointed in them.

I saw the votives polady but I'm not sure how a 4"" high candle can be considered a votive? If not for that I would have been all over them.

Honored Contributor

Glad to help polady!

Personally, I don't like the new crescent lantern...the chimney on top looks odd to me, quite small, almost silly for the size of the lantern. I don't like the colors either. Since I have 2 black Churchill Lanterns, I don't need a bronze/dark brown one. The white lantern would stick out like a sore thumb in our decor...we have creams/ivory/eggshell/tan in our color schemes...which is why I was thrilled to see the 'cream' Churchill lanterns back in stock! The bright red one...I just didn't like the shiny finish and would prefer the red to be like a berry or brick red with a matte finish. Lastly, I thought the design on the front was terrible. Why oh why did Luminara put a wide metal crossbar in the middle so that no one can see the flame unless the lantern is put on an angle? {#emotions_dlg.blink}

Considering it was made with a slim shape so folks can place it on a narrow shelf, that sort of defeats the purpose {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Honored Contributor

On 11/14/2014 mallemo said:

I saw the votives polady but I'm not sure how a 4"" high candle can be considered a votive? If not for that I would have been all over them.

I agree Mallemo...

What is the item # for the Luminara 'votives' you ordered polady?

Super Contributor

Ugh, don't tempt me! I've already sworn off anything that requires batteries. Today I decided to change out the batteries in some candles I bought as a set from QVC a while back only to find that three out of the four had crusty/leaky batteries! The batteries ran out maybe 3-4 months ago, so its not like they were sitting for a very long time. I'm getting tired of the mess and the time and money to replace batteries!!!

Frequent Contributor

On 11/14/2014 Susan Louise said:
On 11/14/2014 mallemo said:

I agree Mallemo...

What is the item # for the Luminara 'votives' you ordered polady?

Item Number is H203152. I have to agree with you about the height but I guess that's because of the battery inside-just thought I'd try and see if they will work or not. Also liked the glass hurricane but it only came in ivory - I would have loved to have seen more choices - red would have been nice for a Christmas Centerpiece. Just happy to see Luminara is back!!!