Honored Contributor

Does anyone decorate with these? I recently found them at a Christmas shop, and once I got them home, I decorated the skinny tree I mentioned in the kitchen corner, and they are wonderful, tiny and bright, I have multi. I went back and bought more, so now have to think of ways to use them other than in a hurricane or garland. Does anyone have more creative ideas?

Honored Contributor

I have them up year round. On the mantle, above the entryways to a couple of rooms. I like to decorate with them up kind of high. In the evenings I turn off the regular lighting and ulluminate the house with the fairy lights.

Honored Contributor
On 11/13/2014 faeriemoon said:

I have them up year round. On the mantle, above the entryways to a couple of rooms. I like to decorate with them up kind of high. In the evenings I turn off the regular lighting and ulluminate the house with the fairy lights.

Sounds wonderful, thank you faeriemoon.

Valued Contributor

Mousiegirl, I am not sure what fairy lights are. I probably should know. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Honored Contributor
On 11/13/2014 rosehill said:

Mousiegirl, I am not sure what fairy lights are. I probably should know. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

rosehill - they are tiny lights as opposed to the usual. The lights I have are tiny and round, and the wiring is a little thicker than thread and clear.

Respected Contributor

I bought 3 sets at Pier One and the additional remote.

Esteemed Contributor

I was thinking these would be wonderful on my Christmas tree, but it is a 10ft slimline and all the fairy lights I've found are pretty short strands and battery powered. I'd need a million lights.

If anyone knows of longer strands that plug in, let me know. I've seen the rice lights, and might have to go with those. I'm just looking for little light specs in the tree, but don't want to have to buy so many individual strands.

Super Contributor

DD has these in her FR; wound among her silk trees, looks fantastic:

<h1 id="title" class="a-size-large a-spacing-none" style="box-sizing: border-box; padding: 0px; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-left: 0px; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; text-rendering: optimizelegibility; font-weight: normal; color: #333333; margin-bottom: 0px !important; font-size: 21px !important; line-height: 1.3 !important;"> The Original Starry String Lights™ - Cool White Color LED's on a Flexible Silver Wire - 20ft LED String Light with 120 Individually Mounted LED's - Set the Mood You Want Anywhere! - Perfect For Creating Instant Appeal in Any Setting - Parties, BBQs, Dances, or an Intimate Environment at Home</h1>

• Create alluring and intimate lighting anywhere with bright, crisp cool white light.
  • Use strings to cover virtually any area or structure and increase the visual appeal in your setting.
  • Waterproof LED lights let you put these up and forget about them. They are ready to do their magic 365 days a year.
  • Draws just 3.6 watts so you can get the look you want, whenever you want, without any big bills. Lasts more than 20 years - these will be there for you when you need them! Includes UL Listed Power adapter for 120-volt circuits.
  • Backed by Brightech's industry leading 3-year satisfaction guarantee

he Original Starry String Lights™ - Cool White Color LED's on a Flexible Silver Wire - 20ft LED String … $23.99

Super Contributor

Here's a review for the above lights, from the big A shopping site:

These lights are miniature LEDs on a string 20 feet long. In addition there is a power cord extension that is 6 feet long that features a plug connection that can be inserted into the AC wall power adapter. Each strand of lights comes with the AC power adapter. The 20 foot string of LEDs has 120 LEDs on it that will produce a bright lighting effect.

The strand of LEDs only consumes 3.6 watts of power and they have a life span of over 20 years. The lights are rated to be waterproof but the AC wall power adapter is not rated for outdoor use. If used outdoors it should be mounted in a weather proof NEMA 4X enclosure and powered with a ground fault AC power plug.

The string of LEDs are mounted on a very thin dual conductor copper wire and each wire is 0.0185 inches in diameter. The wires are insulated with lacquer and you should be careful not to scrape the insulation off or cut the wires. The wires are so fine that from a distance you will not see them and it just looks like the lights are floating around the area that is lit up.

These would be ideal for any artist or person with decorating or hand crafting skills to use to make display ornaments like a Christmas wreath or artificial flower arrangements or trees and highlight them with these LEDs. With the fine wires the string can be skillfully bent and wrapped in almost any shape you desire to create the lighting effect you are looking for. The lights would also be good for placing along the tops of kitchen cabinets or as accent lighting in a sun room or Florida room.

I have put together a video showing the yellow light LEDs, the cool white LEDs and the multicolor LEDs so you can get a comparison of the different color options. I rated the lights as a 4 star product. They are quite pretty but they are fragile so select your application carefully. There is also a long list of cautions to consider when using the lights and I covered some of them in my video. The safety instructions did state that the LEDs are not for permanent installation and they should not be left on when you leave the home, going to sleep or leave the lights unattended.

I was supplied a sample of the lights for test and evaluation and I promised to provide a fair and honest review.

Super Contributor

The Original Starry String Lights™ - Cool White Color LED's on a Flexible Silver Wire - 20ft LED String Light with 120 Individually Mounted LED's - Set the Mood You Want Anywhere! - Perfect For Creating Instant Appeal in Any Setting - Parties, BBQs, Dances, or an Intimate Environment at Home

The Original Starry String Lights™ by Brightech - MultiColor LEDs on a Flexible Copper Wire - 20ft LED String Light with 120 Individually Mounted LED's - Set the Mood You Want Anywhere! - Perfect For Creating Instant Appeal in Any Setting - Parties, BBQs, Dances, or an Intimate Environment at Home

The Original Starry String Lights™ by Brightech - Warm White Color LED's on a Flexible Copper Wire - 20ft LED String Light with 120 Individually Mounted LED's. Set the Mood You Want Anywhere! - Perfect For Creating Instant Appeal in Any Setting - Parties, Bedrooms, or an Intimate Environment Anywhere in the Home