Regular Contributor

You're Home with Jill and LR Christmas Shows Popularity

I enjoy both of these shows more than I enjoy all of the other home product shows on QVC. I was thinking about what it is about these shows compared to the others that I like and honestly it is because there are no vendors on the shows or they are on very rarely. These shows move along quickly from one item to the next and there isn't a lot of wasted time. They just flow so much better and the focus is all on the products and I also think we get to see more items in these shows as a result.

I do also like the Valerie Parr Hill shows too as she is such a nice person and easy to watch. I'm not totally opposed to having vendors on (like Valerie's show) but I think more often than not for certain types of shows, the vendors aren't needed. JMO.

Does anyone else feel the same?

Valued Contributor

Re: You're Home with Jill and LR Christmas Shows Popularity

ITA!! I see no reason QVC thinks there needs to be vendors for EVERY item being presented.
Honored Contributor

I'm with you. A QVC host who knows their products trumps some of those vendors. I missed LR's shows because they usually are on Friday when I don't watch, but I really liked Jill's shows.

Super Contributor

Yes, I also agree. Good point.

Honored Contributor

I too agree. I could watch these shows every day if they had new items each day and I wouldn't be bored.

Valued Contributor

I agree about not needing the vendors for every product. That is the way it was when I first started watching QVC. There were a lot fewer guests on the shows back then. Other reasons that I enjoy these shows are that no one is talking over anyone and competing for air time and the demeanor of the host is much more relaxed and unhurried. Even though they do seem to move from product to product more quickly, there is still a relaxing atmosphere. I wish all of the shows were presented in this manner. The hosts do present themselves in a more VPH manner. Smile

Honored Contributor

I hadn't thought of it before, but you are right. There is more time spent on the products and less time having to introduce each different vendor, then exchanging the hugs, the formalities and such. They flow from one product to another, you don't have to listen to the "canned" and scripted speeches about the product that you could now recite in your sleep, you've heard it so many times.

I wouldn't like them to do away with vendors entirely, but a little less would be a good thing.

Honored Contributor

A vendor for every product is not necessary.

Honored Contributor

I agree - the hosts generally do well all by themselves. Sometimes when the vendor is some famous designer like Bob Mackie or Mark Zunino then the viewers like to see them and get to know them a little. But otherwise - unless there is something technical for them to explain - the hosts do better by themselves.

Respected Contributor

I'd rather see a few decorating special shows with Linda Dano.........love her and her ideas!