Valued Contributor

For anyone that has picked up the Better Homes and Garden's dinnerware at Wal-Mart, I noticed a few pieces in a nearby store today. I didn't linger, so I don't have too many details other than I did notice an Owl plate.Smile I'm fairly certain that is new this year but I'm not 100% on that...

Just thought I'd pass the word that these dishes are starting to show up...

Valued Contributor

Re: WM BH&G..Holiday dinnerware

For those who don't know what I am talking about....LOL here is a picture from Google Images of one of the plates they have offered the last couple of years. They are pretty cute and really inexpensive..The plaid beneath the plate is either a charger or another BH&G plate I've not seen...(I can go take a picture of the Owl plate if anyone is interested)...since we are all a little Owl Crazy...Ha!!

Honored Contributor

On 11/5/2014 Luv_My_Beagle said:

For those who don't know what I am talking about....LOL here is a picture from Google Images of one of the plates they have offered the last couple of years. They are pretty cute and really inexpensive..The plaid beneath the plate is either a charger or another BH&G plate I've not seen...(I can go take a picture of the Owl plate if anyone is interested)...since we are all a little Owl Crazy...Ha!!

Thanks luv, those are pretty. I have not looked at WM lately, but I think I need to go. We have one about a mile from my house.

Valued Contributor

On 11/5/2014 lucymo said:

Thanks luv, those are pretty. I have not looked at WM lately, but I think I need to go. We have one about a mile from my house.

What is pictured is a salad plate. There are many in the grouping and they seem to add a new "scene" each year. Again, these are very inexpensive, whimsical dishes. Probably not for everyone. I know a couple of years ago, it was on this board that I found out about them...IIRC other scenes are a of a farm, deer, birds, poinsettia and probably more I can't remember.

Respected Contributor

On 11/5/2014 lucymo said:

What is pictured is a salad plate. There are many in the grouping and they seem to add a new "scene" each year. Again, these are very inexpensive, whimsical dishes. Probably not for everyone. I know a couple of years ago, it was on this board that I found out about them...IIRC other scenes are a of a farm, deer, birds, poinsettia and probably more I can't remember.

The plaid plate is actually Carson plaid from Pottery Barn from either 2013 or 2012.

Honored Contributor

I was just in Walmart yesterday, and they didn't have anything in Christmas décor/dinner ware like this or anything else! They have their decorations and wrapping stuff, but that is it in Christmas stuff .......... because I looked!

Honored Contributor

Our Walmarts in this area didn't hardly get any of the BHG fall stuff, and it came very late. I'm hoping the same thing doesn't happen with the Christmas. I checked yesterday, but still nothing. The owl plate is new this year as well as one more that I can't remember right now. These are so very nice, mix well with other lines, and are less than $3 each, so great to give cookies away on as well.

Lots of areas have all their BHG stuff out already, don't know why ours is so slow.

Super Contributor

Our WalMart had some BHG owl dishes in the fall clearance part after Halloween for half price, along with some squirrel ones. I am not sure if these are the same as what you saw, though.

Valued Contributor

This is the new owl salad plate for 2014. I was hoping to find a new design to add to the plates I have from the last 2 years. Sadly, I don't care for this one. He's a little scary. This pic is from the "bay". Have not seen them in our store yet.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, LMB and CG, for the pics. I wonder if the owl is the only new addition this year? The plate with the tree and bunny is my favorite. I have it and the deer, both from the first year they were offered, I think.