Esteemed Contributor

Another Site for Cardinals, Chickadees, and Owls...

I suggest browsing the whole website when you have time.

Here are a few I thought were interesting:

sturbridgeyankee.com

I haven't ordered from this company, but it is tempting.

Cardinal & Chickadee Glass Tree LightsCardinal Pairs Glass LightsWinter Scene Glass Lights

Snowy Owls SetSnowy Owl Ornament Set

Trusted Contributor

Re: Another Site for Cardinals, Chickadees, and Owls...

Hi SHOPR,

I have ordered from Sturbridge Yankee and have always had a good experience! I especially love all the bird items they offer. I've had my eye on the winter scene lights you posted but I'm trying to be good, lol! If you do decide to order from them you can usually find some great coupons online. Have a Happy Halloween!

Esteemed Contributor

I like the feet on those little owls better than the ones on the Q. They are so cute.

Honored Contributor

Hi SHOPR,

TY for posting the site/pics! I ordered the set of lighted woodland hurricanes...with a couple more things I brought my order up to a bit over $100 and then used a 40% off coupon at retail-me-not! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/31/2014 Julie928 said:

Hi SHOPR,

I have ordered from Sturbridge Yankee and have always had a good experience! I especially love all the bird items they offer. I've had my eye on the winter scene lights you posted but I'm trying to be good, lol! If you do decide to order from them you can usually find some great coupons online. Have a Happy Halloween!

Hi, Julie. I'm glad to know that you've been happy with your orders. They really do have a large selection of bird themed items. I must've signed up for their emails a while back, probably when someone here shared something from their website, since this forum is the main place I learn about the good shopping sites. Anyway, I got a 40% off not long ago, and now I see they've sent me a $50 off $125 order, and it is for today only. F411301. I'm trying to be good, too, like you, and be happy with what I already have. That is often easier said than done.

I really do think these look nice, though:

Cardinal & Chickadee Glass Tree Lights

Esteemed Contributor

Happy to share, SL. I hope you like what you ordered. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Honored Contributor

On 10/31/2014 SHOPR said:
On 10/31/2014 Julie928 said:

Hi SHOPR,

Hi, Julie. I'm glad to know that you've been happy with your orders. They really do have a large selection of bird themed items. I must've signed up for their emails a while back, probably when someone here shared something from their website, since this forum is the main place I learn about the good shopping sites. Anyway, I got a 40% off not long ago, and now I see they've sent me a $50 off $125 order, and it is for today only. F411301. I'm trying to be good, too, like you, and be happy with what I already have. That is often easier said than done.

I really do think these look nice, though:

Cardinal & Chickadee Glass Tree Lights

SHOPR, The decision was so tough between these trees and the woodland theme! I so appreciate you finding all these items. I spent several hours with no luck. I just think both sets will be such nice touches added to vignettes...and/or like one in the corner of a kitchen counter, a master bathroom, den, bedroom or a side board near an entryway. It's nice that they can be connected/used together or separated and NO batteries! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor

I remembered going to Sturbridge Village in MA when I was young both as family trips and class trips in school. I had so much fun. It reminded me of a smaller version of Williamsburg Va.

I now see that they moved in 1981...

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/31/2014 Susan Louise said:

SHOPR, The decision was so tough between these trees and the woodland theme! I so appreciate you finding all these items. I spent several hours with no luck. I just think both sets will be such nice touches added to vignettes...and/or like one in the corner of a kitchen counter, a master bathroom, den, bedroom or a side board near an entryway. It's nice that they can be connected/used together or separated and NO batteries! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

You're welcome. I hope you are pleased with the woodland hurricanes. They are all so pretty, at least they appear to be in the photos. Please let us know your thoughts when you get them. I agree, they could work really anywhere, and all Winter long, at least.

Honored Contributor

On 11/1/2014 SHOPR said:
On 10/31/2014 Susan Louise said:

You're welcome. I hope you are pleased with the woodland hurricanes. They are all so pretty, at least they appear to be in the photos. Please let us know your thoughts when you get them. I agree, they could work really anywhere, and all Winter long, at least.

Hi SHOPR, I received the woodland lamps yesterday and they are wonderful. I am thrilled I got them. Even DH is impressed!!!

The lights inside are easily movable to arrange/place them where you want since they are wrapped around a curled bottle brush. There is also replacement bulbs for each lamp. Additionally, if the lights inside ever die out completely, any set of B/O lights can be strung around the curled bottle brush inside.

For the lamps I got, I pushed down all the lights just low enough so they are all in the ground area of the painted image...in other words, the bottom half of each lamp. It gives a great glow that way without seeing the individual lights. I'm sure with the tree lamps you are interested in, you'll be able to move the lights around for the best display/enjoyment {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Since they are not battery operated, and I will be placing them in areas which will be a pain to plug and unplug all the time, so DH has a few timers I will be using on them.

Another great option/suggestion is V32278. I got these last month and they work GREAT! I will be using one for our Christmas tree...so tired of crawling under the tree to turn it off before bedtime...lol

Anyway, I HIGHLY recommend them! These certainly aren't found just anywhere...and again, thank you for posting the info!!! HTH Smile