Honored Contributor

Just cleaned out my 2 pantries

took me 3 hours! but it was well worth it -- I have 2 bags of food to donate to soup kitchen, all my shelves are organized and if the spirit moves me my baking section is all fresh and ready to go! I finally used my Locknlock pantry containers - labeled them etc. Toss all the mix matched stuff, gave away all duplicate LnL and Pyrex etc I'll be ready for contractors bright and early Monday!
Honored Contributor

Re: Just cleaned out my 2 pantries

I remember the day/night we cleaned out the kitchen in March. I had already packed a lot during the previous year, but still, there was so much left to do, and now, I am still unpacking and moving things around to fit.

Esteemed Contributor

You have 2 pantries? I'm jealous. Just kiddin', good job!Smile

I wish I had the motivation and the energy to clear out my kitchen.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

Yes I have 2 pantries as the previous owner of this villa put the washer/dryer in the garage (hate it but can't be moved back as plumbing is re-routed). My main walk in pantry I keep over sized pots/pans, excess dishes serving pieces, my KA mixer, food processor etc & all baking things. Paper products My reg pantry I keep my food items. I have a small galley kitchen with only 8 cabinets so this space comes in handy!
Valued Contributor

First of all, I just woke up and am in the middle of my 1st cup of coffee so the eyes aren't quite focused yet. When I read your post, I though it said, 'Just cleaned out my 2 'panties.'

Since we are on the topic of cleaning, I'm hoping someone can offer me some advice. I just purchased a condo and want to have it cleaned and sterilized. I've called several companies and they clean but don't deep clean. They don't pull appliances from the wall and clean and scrub behind them. They will clean cabinets but not sterilize them. Since I am 68 and had a total knee replacement that never healed, I was hoping to get someone to do this but that doesn't seem possible so I will do it myself, little by little. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what cleaning products I can purchase that will accomplish my goals? I know there are oodles of products on the market but I want something that will really deep clean, especially the kitchen and bathroom. Any and all suggestions will be most appreciate. Thanks so much. docsgirl

Esteemed Contributor

Good for you! I know how good that feels.

I really need to do my one pantry. Maybe this weekend since Da (bad news) Bears have a bye week.

Honored Contributor

You gave away all your duplicate Lock & Locks????? That's one thing I'd NEVER do! You can't find them anymore! You only have one each? I can't even fathom that idea! Love ALL my L&L's!!

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

On 10/31/2014 docsgirl said:

First of all, I just woke up and am in the middle of my 1st cup of coffee so the eyes aren't quite focused yet. When I read your post, I though it said, 'Just cleaned out my 2 'panties.'

Since we are on the topic of cleaning, I'm hoping someone can offer me some advice. I just purchased a condo and want to have it cleaned and sterilized. I've called several companies and they clean but don't deep clean. They don't pull appliances from the wall and clean and scrub behind them. They will clean cabinets but not sterilize them. Since I am 68 and had a total knee replacement that never healed, I was hoping to get someone to do this but that doesn't seem possible so I will do it myself, little by little. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what cleaning products I can purchase that will accomplish my goals? I know there are oodles of products on the market but I want something that will really deep clean, especially the kitchen and bathroom. Any and all suggestions will be most appreciate. Thanks so much. docsgirl

Did you call Service master? I am pretty certain they do deep cleaning. When we bought this house 4 years ago the builder left it very dirty - really bad - and we complained to them about wanting it spotless clean before we would sign the final papers - they sent a team from Service Master and they were here about 4 hours and did a fabulous job.

Honored Contributor

One of the up sides of being a snowbird is I have to totally empty the fridge and the pantry every 6 months. When we leave for Pa. anything that is in the pantry either hasd to go into a lock & lock or a ziplock bag to avoid getting ants while we are away. We also totally empty the fridge - clean it with bleach and leave it unplugged and open. We actually unplug all the appliances except the dishwasher in case of a bad storm here and power surges. Anyway, it is nice to come home to everything all clean and ready to be filled up and used.

Esteemed Contributor

I guess I am twisted today, I thought your post said you cleaned out "my 2 panties"!!!!