Honored Contributor

Thanking those who return decor due to glitter/sequin issues...

Seriously...

I have saved a LOT of money by those who are really bothered by the excess glitter/sequins coming off of decor and they returned to the Q. It has allowed me to get them at GREAT 'as is' bargains...Thank You so much!!! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Yesterday I received a set of 'as is' VPH reindeer...perfect condition with the exception of getting a shower of glitter when I took them out of the box. That was no big deal since I open all glitter/sequin items outside and blow/brush/dust off the excess that isn't glued down. I brought back in the reindeer when I was done and set them down on the kitchen table to enjoy viewing them. They are just lovely..no areas on the reindeer missing that soft glowing glitter before putting them each reindeer in their own protective plastic bag in a storage bin in the basement til holiday decorating time.

I guess some folks just have it firmly in their mind that if any glitter/sequins fall off or are in the box, it's just bad/poor quality decor.

I already expect there to be oodles of poor reviews about LR's glitter trees just based upon this issue. Even LR said to expect some sequins to have fallen off/in the box and she went so far as to explain how to store them (watch the video if you missed the presentation)...

Anyway, I guess if nobody had issues such as these, there wouldn't be as much 'as is' to go around for the rest of us...so on one hand I want...and have been trying to help those folks (several times in many threads) to understand they just need to do a few particular things when they get their glitter/sequin decor. However, on the other hand, I don't want to help them too much since there will be less 'as is' to choose from...{#emotions_dlg.devil2}

Trusted Contributor

Re: Thanking those who return decor due to glitter/sequin issues...

I'm glad you're pleased, and you're welcome to 'em! Personally, I mostly shy away from glittery decor -- and I certainly don't want stray glitter and sequins scattered hither and yon in my house.

Honored Contributor

On 10/29/2014 GoodStuff said:

I'm glad you're pleased, and you're welcome to 'em! Personally, I mostly shy away from glittery decor -- and I certainly don't want stray glitter and sequins scattered hither and yon in my house.

Too Funny! {#emotions_dlg.lol}

If we lived closer together, I would be happy to remove all the excess glitter/sequins for you on any decor you had interest in {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Respected Contributor

Smile Hi Susan

I just got some glitter picks that were "as is". Mind you, there are spots of missing glitter, but WHO CARES! When I used to buy glitter picks at Michaels, they were MUCH worse...by far. So if I pay pay half price at the Q, it's a better deal for me!

Respected Contributor

I just opened my glitter picks, and sequin trees and granted there is a lot of glitter and loose pieces of sequins, it is to expected. I was just outside blowing and shaking them off. Not a big deal for me. I love the look.

Honored Contributor

I agree and I laugh all the way to "as is" and pick up some bargains. I don't mind a little glitter, it's part of the season and it's pretty. I just get off the loose glitter and then the fall off is minimal. Good thread, Susan Louise. Smile

Honored Contributor

Hey Susan! I kind of like the little red glitter on my red birdies. But I can see how some people might not like glitter. That said, however, I am not sure I understand how somebody would order something that has glitter and then not like it because it has glitter. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I perceive that we are divided into pro-glitter and anti-glitter factions. And never the twain shall meet........

Honored Contributor

On 10/29/2014 GoodStuff said:

I perceive that we are divided into pro-glitter and anti-glitter factions. And never the twain shall meet........

Hi goodstuff, that's a good one. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Super Contributor

I won't buy anything that is messy with glitter, etc.