Honored Contributor

Difference in Nest Candle Prices sold on QVC

I have been really tempted by the Notes candles Jill brought to QVC which are made by Nest. I never took the plunge though.

Last week I was watching the E.D. show and she was selling candles that they said were also made by Nest and I wanted to compare the 2.

The Notes candles are a set of 3 9oz candles for $35.50.

The E.D. candles are a set of 4 9.5oz candles for $29.96.

I've never tried Nest candles but they are supposed to be fantastic. I just wonder why the E.D. is such a better deal.

Anyone try Nest or the Notes candles sold on QVC?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Difference in Nest Candle Prices sold on QVC

I haven't tried any of them, but I also noticed the price differences that you noticed, and wondered if there might be different levels of scent/quality under the Nest brand. I'm hoping you get some helpful replies.

Valued Contributor

I would have to check, but I am pretty sure Jill's were Soy candles, but I'm not sure if Ellen's were? Will check in a few.

Jill's do say Soy (I don't know if soy candles are more expensive or not). I didn't see Soy in the description of Ellen's. I did notice hers said "imported" while Jill's said made in the USA.

I thought the glass jars on Ellens were really pretty, but I'm not sure I understand the price difference.

Super Contributor

I have not tried the Nest candles or the ones from QVC(mostly because I don't want to pay that much for candles and I hate paying S&H for candles) but I will tell you that I have purchased candles at Target that are made by NEST. It has it printed on the label, that they are made by Nest. I bought 2 candles, about 6-8 months ago.

I liked the candles and the ones I bought were in tins, they were about 8 or 9 oz. candles. However I was very disappointed, when the wick burned down to the center of the wax with about 1 inch of wax left in the candle and the wick just burned out-- and so of course I had to throw them out. Both candles did the same thing (they were soy). So I'm wondering, if it's because it's a lesser quality candle or if all candles made by this company do this.

I love candles but I just won't pay a fortune for them, it's just a candle. I usually buy Yankee candles at TJMaxx or Home goods etc. I can't bring myself to buy the ones I really love at Nordies!

Super Contributor

On 10/29/2014 Luv_My_Beagle said:

I would have to check, but I am pretty sure Jill's were Soy candles, but I'm not sure if Ellen's were? Will check in a few.

Jill's do say Soy (I don't know if soy candles are more expensive or not). I didn't see Soy in the description of Ellen's. I did notice hers said "imported" while Jill's said made in the USA.

I thought the glass jars on Ellens were really pretty, but I'm not sure I understand the price difference.

Maybe because you get a gift box. I don't know.

Honored Contributor

On 10/29/2014 Luv_My_Beagle said:

Ahhh. Thank you. I never thought to check on that. I do think soy candles are more expensive and I'd definitely rather do made in the USA.

Trusted Contributor

The best candle that I've ever smelled (and I'm a picky candle aficionado) is the Nest Candle called Sir Elton John's Fireside. I received it as a gift last year on Xmas morning, and immediately after opening it, I took it to my bedroom and lit it. All day long while cooking dinner I kept going into the bedroom just to smell how amazing it was. The next day, I went to the shop where it was bought, and they said it was sold out. Even Elton John himself had called the shop directly to see if he could buy the candles back. Yes, it is that good, The scent is not too "Bon-fire" or Slatkin Fireside/Winter. It has that warmth to it, but it also has a hint of sweetness that makes it more approachable and subtle. It's one of those candles that smells really good unlit, but when you burn it, it smells even better. Usually the opposite is true, right? It's really worth the cost.
Occasional Contributor

I don't know about the ones QVC sells but I just adore Nest candles for a long time.

It is all I burn in my place and they burn beautifully always, of course, make sure you trim the wicks after each burn to a 1/4 of a inch.

I just finished the Maroccan Amber one I have, amazing sweet and spice scent.

But my favorites are Pumpkin Chai, to die for and the Holiday scent, never smelled anything quite like this one.

They have a slow burn and they last and one candle is enough to fill my whole condo.

Its more expensive but totally worth it to me.

You can't go wrong with Nest candles. Just my opinion.

Honored Contributor

I have bought NEST candles, and their soap and lotion for the guest bath. They are all great. Nest has a lasting scent, and they get it right in the fragrance dept. I have bought my NEST products at Neiman Marcus. The candles are 8.1 ounces each at 38.@. That is the starting point. They have huge candles at 72 ounces and 3 wicks if that is what someone wanted. NM has free shipping and free returns

Honored Contributor

On 10/29/2014 PeterDM said: The best candle that I've ever smelled (and I'm a picky candle aficionado) is the Nest Candle called Sir Elton John's Fireside. I received it as a gift last year on Xmas morning, and immediately after opening it, I took it to my bedroom and lit it. All day long while cooking dinner I kept going into the bedroom just to smell how amazing it was. The next day, I went to the shop where it was bought, and they said it was sold out. Even Elton John himself had called the shop directly to see if he could buy the candles back. Yes, it is that good, The scent is not too "Bon-fire" or Slatkin Fireside/Winter. It has that warmth to it, but it also has a hint of sweetness that makes it more approachable and subtle. It's one of those candles that smells really good unlit, but when you burn it, it smells even better. Usually the opposite is true, right? It's really worth the cost.

Neiman Marcus has all the Eltons scents. Fireside included