Frequent Contributor

My little birds that have been on wait list for MONTHS are sadly going back. I don't care for the color, not a true pearl and the glitter just makes them so dull in my opinion. This set does not have the same appeal as the red, silver and gold that I already purchased last year. I was really hoping for a creamy white pearl, rather than the undertones of gray that I see in this set. I hope others really enjoy them and are not as picky as I am about colors for my decorations.

Honored Contributor

Re: Pearl Mercury Birds Arrived

Thank You for the review, Littlearl! I've been wanting to order these to go with my red birdies but maybe I'll hang loose for now.

Honored Contributor

I received my 2 bird sets today too. I'm sad to hear you don't like the coloration of them. I'm sure there will be several folks that will look forward to you returning them though since they sold out...

Personally, I love them and the new chocolate ones too! Maybe you will find other birds that have a creamy-white appearance you are looking for Smile

Regular Contributor

Hi SusanLouise and littlearl, I asked this on another thread before I saw this one. It sounds like the answer is no, but do these pearl birds have any iridescence to them at all? I have the silver ones from last year, and I use them on an all white tree. I was hoping these would be an iridescent white, like mother of pearl, but if they are flat looking I may just get more silver.

TIA

Regular Contributor

I was hoping for an iridescent appearance as well, but sadly they are not. I don't like the solid white "glitter" on these. I'm returning mine as well - 2 broken clips made it easy to decide. Still undecided on getting a different color. I am drawn to the red ones. Any feedback on the red?

Regular Contributor

Thanks Suz614. I was hoping for something to reflect light like the silver. Oh well. The quest continues.

Honored Contributor

On 10/28/2014 Krissie22 said:

Hi SusanLouise, I asked this on another thread before I saw this one. It sounds like the answer is no, but do these pearl birds have any iridescence to them at all? I have the silver ones from last year, and I use them on an all white tree. I was hoping these would be an iridescent white, like mother of pearl, but if they are flat looking I may just get more silver.

TIA

To me, the pearl birds are like platinum with more of an ivory-white glitter (not bright white)...not iridescent. To me, they are very pretty. IMO, I would not want a pure white bird or one that actually had the iridescent-pastel/rainbow coloration either...

Does that description make sense? You can always watch the video which LR dies show them briefly Smile

Regular Contributor

I missed the video that shows the white birds - going to watch her videos again. Thank you. Trying to match my decorations to the vision I have in my head.

Honored Contributor

I love the variety of colors of all the LR MG birds (I now have all 5 sets/colors)...so sad to hear those who are disappointed. Oh well, everyone has different tastes and visions for their own decorating needs Smile

Regular Contributor

SusanLouise, the video I found that shows what I think are the white birds is one where she has it on a napkin for her place setting. It looks very white in that shot. Is this what you were referring to?