Contributor

Lisa Robertson Xmas decor item reviews as you get them...

I recieved the fruit garlands and 18 piece pinecones(bronze) today. Still expecting sleigh in silver, Chocolate trees, and 9ft BL spruce tree. Pinecones-beautiful! Glitter does come off when handled but that's to be expected and shouldn't be "handled" that much just placed so even with glitter loss they are a winner! They are real pinecones so kinda delicate definitely could be crushed easily but shouldn't be a concern since they aren't being handled that much. fruit garland-again beautiful BUT I feel(may just be me) the garland is not full/substantial and really needs to be used in conjunction with another garland just like LR used it. I plan on mixing it into a second garland so not a deal breaker. The fruit pieces and other pieces on the garland are really top notch quality. If I had it to do over again I might order the teardrops instead on garland just to get the "full" look but garlands will work. I gave the garlands a 4 star just because I felt it doesn't stand well enough on its own but quality wise deserves a 5 star. I'm guessing the teardrops will be 5 stars.
Respected Contributor

Re: Lisa Robertson Xmas decor item reviews as you get them...

2much, is it really you??? So glad you are back on the boards! I couldn't have enough of those teardrops. Hope to hear back from you when you get your sleigh. I've been horrendously busy at work so I don't get back here as often as I would like. I was wondering about mallemo, JPC, WL, Marsha, rosehill & Mary Bailey, however, we all have lives beyond this forum but it's great to see the forum faithfuls from way back are still here!
Contributor

Hi Borntoshop! Yes it's really me! I had trouble with my old qvc acct so gad to add a #2 to the end of my name. I haven't been on here much spend most of my time on Facebook and Facebook groups that are somewhat qvc/home related. It's easier I think and more fun to post/share pics on Facebook verses here on the forums. I know some have figured it put but I never quite figured out how to do it here. Hope all is well with you!
Contributor

PS I think Mallemo and a couple others are in the fb group I belong to.
Honored Contributor

I received my pearl and chocolate birds and I adore both sets! Some folks aren't crazy about the glitter on the chocolate birds, but I do! IMO, they don't have silver glitter, but a lovely champagne glitter on them. I think if the chocolate birds had chocolate/brown glitter, they would be too dark and wouldn't stand out in a vignette or tree...again, JMO.

As LR mentioned during the presentation (watch the video), the glitter, oddly enough seems to change when the bird is put against/around different colored objects...LOVE!!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Regular Contributor

On 10/28/2014 Susan Louise said:

I received my pearl and chocolate birds and I adore both sets! Some folks aren't crazy about the glitter on the chocolate birds, but I do! IMO, they don't have silver glitter, but a lovely champagne glitter on them. I think if the chocolate birds had chocolate/brown glitter, they would be too dark and wouldn't stand out in a vignette or tree...again, JMO.

As LR mentioned during the presentation (watch the video), the glitter, oddly enough seems to change when the bird is put against/around different colored objects...LOVE!!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

SusaLouise, can you tell me if there is any iridescence to the pearl MG birds? Or is the color more matte? TIA

Contributor

Just tracked all my other LR decor purchases and they are all set to be delivered tomorrow!!! Yay!
Respected Contributor

Hi, 2Much! I haven't been posting much the last few days because my computer blew up and I don't like typing on the laptop. I'm glad to hear that you liked the bronze pine cones. That's the only item I've ordered from the last several shows. I didn't realize that they were real pine cones. I'll like them even better because of that.

As I've said in other threads, I loved all of the glittered fruit items, but that's not my theme this year and I have several older VPH fruit items in storage so I decided that I would give these a pass. I can just imagine next year if I decide to use sugared fruit that I'll be kicking myself because none of this year's items will be available...LOL!

Valued Contributor

2Much, so happy to see you! Yes, we all pop in now and then. Hope you love your Lisa items. There sure were some nice ones in the last show. That fruit garland was beautiful- I love it because it is timeless, and will never go out of style. Lisa's lit trees were so lovely-all colors were fabulous- the chocolate stood out as the most unique in my mind. And the sleigh? Unreal. I had to go out of town early friday morning last week, so I couldn't stay up thursday evening when they went online, so of course I missed it. Enjoy all your goodies, 2Much- you certainly picked lovely items!

Honored Contributor

On 10/28/2014 Krissie22 said:
On 10/28/2014 Susan Louise said:

SusaLouise, can you tell me if there is any iridescence to the pearl MG birds? Or is the color more matte? TIA

The pearl birds are like a platinum 'matte' finish with a matte/type of ivory-white glitter...not very shiny. BTW, I answered your questions fully in the other thread.