Respected Contributor

Leather Power Recliner Recommendations

I'm looking for a leather power recliner chair for myself. I'm 5' 8" and slim, so I don't want a large recliner chair. I've looked at Slumberland, HOM Furniture and Schneiderman's Furniture. I've been trying to find recent reviews on-line for various brands of recliner chairs, but have not had much luck. Do you have recommendations for a good-quality leather power recliner chair, suitable for a woman who is tall and slim? I have arthritis and problems with my right hand and arm, so I don't want a push-back recliner or one with a handle on the side. Thanks for your recommendations.

Honored Contributor

Re: Leather Power Recliner Recommendations

I don't have a leather one, but we have 2 Lazy Boy fabric recliners in power, and love them!

Respected Contributor

I have heard people talk highly of Flexsteel furniture.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for your recommendations. My cousin has a leather power Lazy Boy recliner (that also rocks), and she likes it a lot. Production is 6-8 weeks out. The problem with the Flexsteel leather power recliners is that they are 10-12 weeks out in production. I really don't want to wait that long for a recliner. I'm going to check a few other places to see what they have.

Esteemed Contributor

Lazy Boy quality has decreased in the last few years. They are not as well made as they used to be as far as the mechanism and fabric are concerned. Flexsteel products are made like iron. I know the wait is longer for Flexsteel but if you want quality Flexsteel has it all over Lazy Boy.
Frequent Contributor

Another vote for Flexsteel, we have three of their recliners. When we last looked at Lazy Boy, all their recliners were rocking recliners. Some like that, we did not.
Regular Contributor

Lazy Boy tip. I bought two of them today at a local Sears that was closing. 200.00 each!

What a steal.checl if you have a store near you

Honored Contributor

On 10/28/2014 Hooty said:

I don't have a leather one, but we have 2 Lazy Boy fabric recliners in power, and love them!

We have one of those also (it's for me!). I absolutely love it. Mine is not a rocker recliner. Just a power recliner.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

I am checking a couple other stores tomorrow to try out their recliners. Right now, it's between Lazy Boy and Flexsteel (however, it's 10-12 weeks delivery time for Flexsteel).

I have Ethan Allen furniture, so I want to check to see what Ethan Allen has available. I was told they have a couple new recliners, and one is a power recliner. I'm sort of thinking it would be better if I don't get a rocking recliner, since I've had back problems in the past, and difficulty getting in and out of my swivel rocker (no problem now, but have to think about this). An Ethan Allen designer would come to my place with fabric samples, if I decide to go with one of their recliners and use fabric rather than leather. I have Country French decor, so maybe fabric would be a better choice than leather.

One of my cousins has Ultrasuede upholstered furniture in his den, and he said it's really easy to keep clean and has held its color really well for many years.

Honored Contributor

On 10/29/2014 gidgetgoeshawaiian said:
On 10/28/2014 Hooty said:

We have one of those also (it's for me!). I absolutely love it. Mine is not a rocker recliner. Just a power recliner.

I have two granddaughters that still need rocking at times, especially the 2 yr. old!

But I am loving my Lazy Boy chairs! Mine were special order and did not take as long as predicted, it was a nice surprise!