Trusted Contributor

BLISS LIGHTS QUESTION -- RED VERSUS GREEN

I purchased the recent Bliss lights TSV. I got red and green. The green shows tons of lights covering pretty much the entire front of our house. The red, not so much. I would say the ratio of lights is somewhere close to 75 to 1 -- very, very few lights from the red.

Is this normal? Or should both the red and green look similar other than the color? I feel like my red one must be defective, but I thought I would check with those who may have both colors. Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Honored Contributor

Re: BLISS LIGHTS QUESTION -- RED VERSUS GREEN

I have the green; vibrant and beautiful. Went last night to get one for my son; he loved ours and thought he might like red. The reviews on the red we're not good; so I got him a green. Sorry... I know how disappointed you must be....other people are too.
~H~
Trusted Contributor

Thank you so much, Helen. Guess I'll be returning the red. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

Esteemed Contributor

The green is lovely & adheres to everything. The red not so much. I returned them they were so disappointing.

Esteemed Contributor

I originally purchased green and blue. Sent the blue back and got another green. Not nearly the same coverage with the blue. LM

Valued Contributor

On 10/26/2014 Helen47 said: I have the green; vibrant and beautiful. Went last night to get one for my son; he loved ours and thought he might like red. The reviews on the red we're not good; so I got him a green. Sorry... I know how disappointed you must be....other people are too.

Helen, are Bliss lights available for purchase in the stores?

Trusted Contributor

I noticed the red did not project like the green or blue (the blue seemed similar in presentation). I was interested so I watched a lot of the presentations Smiley Sad, I didnt purchase because if other commitments with money. The hosts kept mentioning the difference with the red and the vendor kept saying the red had the same number of lights, just projected differently, like a cosmic. Some making larger star like, some very small like a pin. I didnt like the red projection, especially alone. Good to hear you like the coverage of green.
Frequent Contributor

I, too, have a little trouble with the red versus green. Green is definitely dominating the red. It covers the entire front of my house. Because it is to late to return my red lights, I have decided to use the green on the front of house and concentrate my red lights on a tree in my front yard.
Honored Contributor

On 10/27/2014 rosehill said:
On 10/26/2014 Helen47 said: I have the green; vibrant and beautiful. Went last night to get one for my son; he loved ours and thought he might like red. The reviews on the red we're not good; so I got him a green. Sorry... I know how disappointed you must be....other people are too.

Helen, are Bliss lights available for purchase in the stores?

I've never seen them in stores. I purchased mine from the Q about 2 months ago....at the higher price, unfortunately. Can't believe they're almost half off now!
~H~
Respected Contributor

I bought the Elf lights from ShopHQ (for about the same price as the Bliss TSV). The ones I bought actually have both the red and green lights within the same unit. You can display just the red or the green or both at the same time. You can keep them constant or make them flash, and there also is a remote control so you can turn them on and off or set the timer from inside your house! The unit is made of metal and it came with both a stake and a platform stand. I don't think they have them on SHQ anymore, but you can google it and find it for a similar price as what I paid (about $85). BTW both colors are the same bright "pinhead" type lights.

Laura loves cats!