Contributor

I love Christmas ... but the christmas trees are "overload on the " DECORATIONS" ..what trees?? can't see the beauty of the green......just my opinion just saying {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Super Contributor

Overload and suffocating!! It's just too too much!

Esteemed Contributor

If you go to American Sale the trees are decorated the same way.

DIL's parents decorate their tree this way and it is breathtaking.

Super Contributor

I know! When so much is thrown out me, it actually has the opposite effect. I don't buy a thing.

Contributor
On 10/24/2014 Dilemma Meringue said:

I know! When so much is thrown out me, it actually has the opposite effect. I don't buy a thing.

Agree... !!!!!

Respected Contributor

Guess that I am the odd one here I find these tree's are really making a statement they just seem to shout "look at me, how beautiful I am decorated" I just thing they are stunning but I guess some feel less is more which is fine. Just think if these are sitting in a big window they would look beautiful from the outside.

Super Contributor
They're beautiful , but must be very expensive to decorate like that . DH caught the start of the show & said , " Who decorates like that ? " lol. The past few years I've gone to the minimalist look .....more of a wild tree out in the woods , not quite Charlie Browns tree tho , ha . I found a 6 ft slim alpine tree , with a tiny bit of flocking . I add about 50 white lights & some woodland type decorations .....little birds , pine cones , glittered snowflakes , etc. .....and we like it .
Honored Contributor

I find it a bit much - I am not that fond of metallic and glitter. I have been trying for the last few years to work toward just red and white in my décor. I purchased the red birds last time she was on and tonight I got the white and red poinsettias.

Honored Contributor

I think the trees are loaded that way because they are trying to sell everything that is shown on the tree. I add a lot to my trees but not quite that much even though I think they're interesting. I like Lisa's style of decorating and the colors that she uses, not a fan of red/green. I can't wait to get out the Christmas décor and get started decorating. Everyone should decorate in the style that makes them happy because that's what it's all about, enjoying it your way.

Esteemed Contributor
On 10/24/2014 lunaloca said:
On 10/24/2014 Dilemma Meringue said:

Agree... !!!!!

I thought it was just me! Smiley Happy

Same with food/smorgasbord -- the more food that is offered, the less I want to eat! Even at Thanksgiving when there is so much to choose from...I'll eat the turkey & the mashed potatoes (as long as it's something I cooked!)

There really is more beauty in simplicity!