Honored Contributor

Decorating a chandelier with garland

I want to put garland around my chandelier in my kitchen. Do you think a 5 foot garland is too much?

FYI, it's the beaded fruit garland that was on Valerie's show this morning.

Honored Contributor

Re: Decorating a chandelier with garland

Esteemed Contributor

I put the beaded garland around the chandeliers in the kitchen and dining room. I love the beaded fruit. The 5' garland (slender size) may work depending on the diameter or your chandelier. I am always concerned about added weight but these items are light enough not to present a problem. Try it. I did my dining room first and then my kitchen. I love it!

This fruit garland is wired so you have some flexibility to mold it around your lights. Post a picture when you'll done. I would leave it up all year round. I originally put mine up for the holidays and then thought that it looked to nice to take down.

Honored Contributor

Thanks, Dee.

I'm going to try it. I can play around with the draping.

Respected Contributor

If you chandelier is higher than eye level, you may want to hang it where the "front" side is facing downward. This way when you look at it you don't see the underside. This has been my experience. It looks really pretty.

Regular Contributor

What a great idea!...I have a floral garland that is draped around a mirror right now and I am going to try it on our chandelier instead!

Thanks for sharing!

Esteemed Contributor

Now I know where to hang my Joan Rivers egg ornaments - from my brass candelabra. With pretty ribbon, tied into a bow. Hadn't thought of using that fixture for seasonal decorating before!

Cogito ergo sum