Frequent Contributor

Armstrong Luxe Vinyl Plank Flooring??

I've been exploring this product and if anyone has it out there in QVC-forum land, what do you think of it? Is it quiet to walk on? (Just wondered, since it's "floating".) Any thoughts on any other brands with plank-style vinyl? Thanks
Honored Contributor

Re: Armstrong Luxe Vinyl Plank Flooring??

It's great! I don't have it, but I see it all the time, and my contractor and wood floor guy HIGHLY recommend it! The contractor put it down in the medical buildings I go to. It looks like wood floor. LVF as they call it (luxury vinyl flooring) wears like iron. My wood floor guy said, if you happen to drop a hatchet on it, the piece can be replaced, easy!

I am going to get it in my new bathroom. I am not wanting the planks, but the tile looking one. I have hardwood in bedroom and dressing room. I do not want tile, for a number of reasons, yet I do not want to continue hardwoods in there.

It does not mean the tile is loose when they use the term "floating". Actually most hardwoods are floating as well, same for pergo. They interlock, and are very heavy and thick. I was surprised when I saw it. You can't even bend the stuff. I think the finish is like PVC pipe, lol!. Floating means it is not glued down like the old days. The higher end LVF is one color all the way through, so if by some fluke you gauge it, white won't show though the top layer.

Which floor were you looking at? If you see any tile looking LVF.. send me a link through this thread!

Good Luck!

Frequent Contributor

Oh, that's great news that the installers think it's a good product. I saw it (both the wood plank style and the tiles) in a two different homes in a "parade of homes", and both times I had to touch it to tell that it was vinyl. I don't know what brand the installations were, but they looked like the real deal.

So far, I've only checked out Armstrong online, and they have some nice videos. The "tile" line is called "Alterna":

http://www.armstrong.com/flooring/products/luxury-vinyl

These products have advanced so much, I'm very tempted to give them a try. Thanks for your input! The fact that they're in commercial businesses tells me they may be durable! I want something I can clean and not worry about water damage.

Valued Contributor

My sister put this in her kitchen and loves it. My niece put the Vinyl plank wood in her whole house and you would not believe it. It is fantastic. Can't tell the difference either.

Beckyblu

Honored Contributor

I have it in our camper - absolutely love it. we are now planning to remove the carpet from our rear hallway to replace it with vinyl wood plank.

Frequent Contributor

Thanks HH and becki! I'm thinking of putting it throughout the kitchen/dining/living rooms which are all connected. Kind of new for me to think of putting vinyl all over but it was so pretty in the two houses I saw. I just wondered how living with it would be and it sounds like folks are happy with it.
Respected Contributor

I am so glad to hear about this product; it sounds wonderful and beautiful. I checked out the link and am amazed at the choices. Kind of wish I were going to replace some of my flooring.

Respected Contributor

I'm getting ready to have it installed in my home. My Vet redid her entire veterinary hospital with it about a year ago and it still looks perfect. She highly recommended it, and I appreciate that my big dogs don't have traction issues on it like they do with my older Pergo laminate floor.

Super Contributor

I installed the Armstrong alterna Durango tiles in my kitchen well over a year ago. It's easy to clean and stays at room temperature...no cold tiles. Everyone who sees it for the first time thinks they are real tiles...I am very pleased with it and highly recommend!
Valued Contributor

I love this flooring. I had it put in my living room and in my family room and I think it is the best floor! It is waterproof and I needed that because my dogs have accidents and it is easy clean up. It is very quiet to walk on. I does not warp because it is flexible. It is a bit more expensive but once you have it you will not be sorry you spent the extra money. The guys who installed it had never done a floor like this before and they just loved it and called the boss to come see it. He was ready to install it in his home after he saw it. It is so easy to clean. Laminate will come up on the ends of the planks if it gets wet. This will not do that. I am so happy with my floor I cannot even put it into words. Oh, and it is not a slippery when wet as my laminate is. They tell me it is completely waterproof so much it could be put on the bottom of a boat and will not leak. I am going to put it next in my bathroooms. They have some plank flooring that looks like green marble. My pattern is Whiskey Barrel and I think it is gorgeous.