Super Contributor

I am going to create my own version of this cloche

it has inspired me to do something similar.

It has inspired me to do something similar with a couple houses from dollar tree.

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/80/e5/65/80e56524ddc1437552aaaec85dacfb71.jpg

Regular Contributor

Re: I am going to create my own version of this cloche

Good morning Moxie. I did the same thing. Since most "ready made" cloches are so expensive, I decided to make my own. So, I bought a 10" wooden grooved plate for under 7 dollars at HL, I already had a glass dome. I went on ebay and was fortunate enough to find a putz silver house, just beautiful, for under 14 dollars; already had various sizes of mini flocked trees and used a slim 8" white flameless candle w/timer just added a wide silver Christmas ribbon around it. It looks great and cost under 25 dollars. So, the house sits in front, the largest flocked tree to the left of it, and the candle sits to the side and behind the house and then I placed smaller flocked trees wherever I could fit them in. So much fun to decorate and make stuff. Have a good day.

Esteemed Contributor

Very pretty, moxie, and devababy, your cloche sounds wonderful.

Super Contributor

On 10/21/2014 devababy said:

Good morning Moxie. I did the same thing. Since most "ready made" cloches are so expensive, I decided to make my own. So, I bought a 10" wooden grooved plate for under 7 dollars at HL, I already had a glass dome. I went on ebay and was fortunate enough to find a putz silver house, just beautiful, for under 14 dollars; already had various sizes of mini flocked trees and used a slim 8" white flameless candle w/timer just added a wide silver Christmas ribbon around it. It looks great and cost under 25 dollars. So, the house sits in front, the largest flocked tree to the left of it, and the candle sits to the side and behind the house and then I placed smaller flocked trees wherever I could fit them in. So much fun to decorate and make stuff. Have a good day.

Sounds gorgeous. I have several cloches some decorated and some not. I love creating something that makes me smile. And doesn't cost much.
Valued Contributor

Wow.......I like!

Valued Contributor

Moxie, the cloche you want to recreate, is simply beautiful. Now you have me thinking…….

Super Contributor

Nice! Wheels are turning . . .

Hi rosehill!! What are you up to lately???

Regular Contributor

Hi again Moxie, you know what I love about decorating with cloches; for me, first, the pugs cannot get to them and make off with the decorations (laugh, its true); second, you can change them out from season to season, or just because, and finally they make any space just sparkle. Moxie that cloche you showed was just so beautiful. You are going to have such fun decorating. Have a great day.

Super Contributor

On 10/21/2014 devababy said:

Hi again Moxie, you know what I love about decorating with cloches; for me, first, the pugs cannot get to them and make off with the decorations (laugh, its true); second, you can change them out from season to season, or just because, and finally they make any space just sparkle. Moxie that cloche you showed was just so beautiful. You are going to have such fun decorating. Have a great day.

I so agree with you. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Honored Contributor

We do love our Cloches. Smile I'm in the process of doing four cloches, one that looks similar to the one you have. I just haven't found the house that I have in mind. I may have to compromise and get what I can find that's close to what I'm thinking about. Have fun with yours, moxie, I know they'll be beautiful.