Super Contributor

Thinking of getting this desk for my son's room he is twelve..getting him a laptop and thought it looked nice...thought he could use it to do his homework and use his laptop..think it will be okay for that? Thanks

Valued Contributor

It is beautiful but I would miss a desk without drawers, to hold everything in.

Valued Contributor

I was going to say drawers too!

They will be needed!

Respected Contributor

The desk looks great, but I agree with needed drawers. It will be so much easier to be organized and make things look clean.

I like desks that electrical cords can be placed behind and sight unseen. It's a mess to see all the cords.

Can't wait until everything is absolute cordless. (Probably not in my lifetime).

Esteemed Contributor

Honest opinion..........No it's not a practical desk - more of a fashion piece - beautiful but ................

First - it's too tall (high) for easy computer access (shoulders will be hunched up for long periods of time). Second - a working desk needs drawers for pens/paper, etc. Top will always be cluttered - no hiding/storage space. And...that cross-bar at knee level will bang the knees. Limits how close to the desk you can sit.

It's contemporary and stylist but no student desk!

This is just my first impressions - and there's more!

Honored Contributor

No place for storage, papers and such, need either a different desk or a rolling file cabinet

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor
On 10/21/2014 fthunt said:

Honest opinion..........No it's not a practical desk - more of a fashion piece - beautiful but ................

First - it's too tall (high) for easy computer access (shoulders will be hunched up for long periods of time). Second - a working desk needs drawers for pens/paper, etc. Top will always be cluttered - no hiding/storage space. And...that cross-bar at knee level will bang the knees. Limits how close to the desk you can sit.

It's contemporary and stylist but no student desk!

This is just my first impressions - and there's more!

You are so right about banging the knees.

Super Contributor

LOVE IT..An antique box of drawers under it and I am good to go. If you want to de clutter this is the desk.

Super Contributor

hellooooo, I'm a desk freak. had 5 before I downsized into MIL suite (some are still 'over there'). this desk is lovely, but 'taint practical. I'd passed down an honest to goodness child's desk from wayyy back. Know the kind? swivel chair attached to desk? One needs storage! just for pencils (anyone use them anymore?) papers, books, rulers. I'm older and still cling to the basics. I know kids nowadays will have 'tablets' and so on and so forth. I'm just thinking of practicality ,,from years back.

Respected Contributor

You do know the desk top will never be that clear again.