Valued Contributor

Anyone Regret Getting A Memory Foam Mattress?

I've had mine for about three years now. I'm 60, and because it's almost impossible for me to turn over in it, I end up waking up at least 6 times per night. I think I've yet to sleep through the night on it. I'm really sorry now I bought into the hype about them.

By the way, before these issues really became a problem, the return period had passed.

What's your opinion on yours, if you have a memory foam mattress?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone Regret Getting A Memory Foam Mattress?

I bought mine at Costco (Novaform) and I could not sleep without it. I do a quarter turn of the mattress every week. Love it. If you buy at Costco, they will accept a return. LM
Respected Contributor

Regret? Yep. Never again.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Honored Contributor

Hated it bought one from Bobs the outgassing inflamed by asthma and we were lucky to be able to return it

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

I got as far as soft memory foam pillows. Deceptive, first weeks, good & all of a sudden, muscle cramps in the back of my head & neck. Terrible waste of $$. Can't imagine what a whole mattress would do.
Super Contributor

I slept on one 3 nights at a hotel. I would never buy one for the same reason, it was very difficult to roll over or turn around. I hated it. It was like you were stuck in one position. I also woke up every time I tried to move. UGH

I have a sleep number. LOVE that bed. Soft or firm as you want it and no trouble turning during the night.

Trusted Contributor

We bought a Serta iComfort last winter. I don't have a problem rolling over or getting up. It's not hot. It's just killing my back. I can't straighten up in the morning. I did have back issues when we bought it. But this mattress just aggravates my issues and has made them worse. If you are a side sleeper, forget it!
"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Valued Contributor

I've had a memory foam mattress topper for many years now.
I wouldn't trade it for any amount of money.

I keep a mattress pad cover on it. That could be why some of you can't turn over!

That's how we roll in the shire..
Super Contributor

Yes, I have regretted it....never again. beanie

Honored Contributor

We bought one several years ago, and it is rather firm (we like that), and while I can't say I wake up feeling great, I do feel better now than with any other mattress we have had over the years. My lower back feels much better, but sometimes my neck and shoulders hurt. I have tries a number of very expensive pillows as well, but can't seem to solve that problem.