Esteemed Contributor

Do you like your Jim Shore pieces?

I'm considering one that I'm particularly drawn to. If you own pieces from this collection, do you think they are worth having?

Cogito ergo sum
Super Contributor

Re: Do you like your Jim Shore pieces?

I am not sure but if you are drawn to it then it just might be the best .

I

Super Contributor

I have pieces that I really love, but I think you could overdo it if not careful. I have a pineapple (welcome) out all year, and a couple of smaller angels.

At Christmas, I have several Santas--but they are out for a season. I do like the artistry of them. They can be come costly, but I would say shop around.

Honored Contributor

Most of mine are seasonal or holiday related and I really enjoy them. I have a big pumpkin with beautiful artwork on it I bought about five years ago or so and a friend was just admiring it recently. It's gorgeous.

Trusted Contributor

I have three pieces that I use in my kitchen/hearth room area. I have a snowman that was a gift, and I put him out during the winter months. I have the "Last Supper" Angel, that I use for the Easter season. And, I have a 26 inch tall angel that I keep on my fireplace hearth, year round. The large angel blends in well for all seasons. I got that one on clearance for less than $50!

I like the pieces I have, but have no desire to purchase anymore. As ivey said, you could really overdo them. And, I think are are a bit overpriced.

But, if one piece really stands out to you, go for it!

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Honored Contributor

I shop around for deals too. I've purchases mine at quite a few places including QVC.

Respected Contributor

I love my Jim Shore pieces. My favorites are his Roosters. I have several of those. colliemom3 is right. Shop around for the best price. His stuff shows up in strange places. I found my big rooster in the garden department at Lowe's.

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Regular Contributor

Hi, I have many Jim Shore pieces and love them. I started buying them many years ago when he first came on. I have Santa's and snowmen, Halloween pieces and a great witch collection I treasure. He does Boyds Bears that are so adorable I have several of those. I have dogs and one he did of a shih tzu I got because I have a two shih tzu's. I looked on ebay a few months ago for a sheltie one because I have had these dogs and never saw any shelties on QVC. I flipped when I found a brand new one on E bay and bought it! You can find his pieces in Hallmark stores and other places. I bought many from the Q.

I have bunnies and farm animals he did. I also have some characters like Dorothy and toto, the scarecrow, Bambi, Lady and the Tramp, three of the seven dwarfs. I'm very into Angels and have a good collection of his Angels. One is of St. Francis with animals.

He does fantastic work. His pieces look like wood but are resin and hand painted. There are marks on them so expect that. It is nice and looks like wood. But if these were kept in wood as Jim makes the mold, they would cost a fortune. I have had to stop buying them except for once in a while now. If there is a piece I have to have, I do get it. If you are really loving one of his pieces, get it. You will enjoy it and have it forever. Smile Treat yourself.

Contributor

On 10/19/2014 Sweetbay magnolia said:

I'm considering one that I'm particularly drawn to. If you own pieces from this collection, do you think they are worth having?

I think if you are drawn to a piece it's definitely worth buying, I have a few pieces ....angels and a St. Francis surrounded by animals....oh and also a large outdoor angel in the garden. All beautiful. I did find a piece at home goods also at a really good deal.
Respected Contributor

I love the ones I have, angels, a Nativity, but my favorite is my big cat, must be 18 inches at least. He is yellow and sits in my kitchen on the floor. Got him from the Q a few years ago. His pieces are beautiful.

mm

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".